1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White on ESPN Outside the Lines, January 22nd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gah, Jan 16, 2013.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think a lot of you are missing the point. I honestly don't think his intentions are to get attention for himself; I think he truly believes he's championing a cause, and doing it in a way no one else is willing to. Therein lies the danger, and the reason he will never see #logic

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

dat fool be well

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

To those who are involving royce in there mind and everyday life too much, yes i guess he could be insufferable. You guys are assholes (not you pacifically but most in this thread). Tripping over this guy, judging him as a person, making fun of him...classy, super classy people.

I don't think royce is crazy or being a dick to rockets, i think he's just different. I like his stance on how everything shouldn't be about profit, and he wants this to change and for there to be more care put into business, and no amount of money or fame can change his stance. I agree with him on that, he may be a little off or too out there with his statements, and may not always say the best things or right things. But he's isn't perfect and neither are y'all so quit judging him, He' just a 21 y/o who thinks different and stands by his beliefs, i respect that as another human. Y'all should too, or at least have enough decently to stop talking so much **** against him.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

relax...royce is at home laughin his azz off. gotta give it to him for making it to the NBA

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you an ******* atlantically?

2 people like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude you need to chill, this is like the 3rd time you reply'd to me on this matter saying nothing.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

How did you come to this conclusion?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Royce going to be on Real Sports on HBO @ 9PM Central today too. I already set my DVR

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

HBO's interview is going to be 10 times better than the one ESPN Outside the Lines did. Too bad I don't have HBO. Can't lie... I'm looking for some stream of it online.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm about to watch it when it comes on HBO in 40 minutes!

11. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Seriously dude? He didn't have issue with protocol when he inked the contract only afterwards. So really let's add one to one so we can get two. It is what it is. He is all about the money. He just mad now that its jeopardizing his cha Ching

1 person likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yeah that's why he took that stance and let the Rockets know all of this information before he signed a contract with them. Better to get everything on the table first so both parties know what they're getting into right?... Oh wait, he didn't do that. I guess he was blinded by the dollar signs in his eyes...

Royce White cares about no one other than himself. He's hurting the chances of other players who have a mental illness and want to make it in the NBA, and unfortunately in the future players will be less candid about their mental state. Great job Royce!

1 person likes this.
  13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These are my thoughts, too. No problems until the contract was signed. Now he is claiming his DL assignment is because of his anxiety disorder. This is about money and playing time.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Heck, before his D-League assignment he was willing to work with the Rockets! Remember when he started working out at the Toyota Center again? Remember the story on how Royce and the Rockets were making progress? #MoneyandPlayingTime

15. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

He drives a nice car for being a bum

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

What a load of crap. This dude is a fraud.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We drafted a high maintenance woman.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I couldn't find a stream

if someone could post the video somewhere online

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

He doesn't like talking about planes and doesn't like the word planes hmmmmm

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just watched the HBO segment.

There really isn't anything in it that we don't already know. What I did find interesting was they went into his closet so we could see how OCD he is. The interviewer touched one of Royce's hanging hats and you could see Royce was visibly, and I believe sincerely, unnerved by it.

He seems incredibly paranoid in addition to his anxiety and ocd. I'd also add that he represented himself pretty well. He's a charming and intelligent kid who interviews a hell of a lot better than he tweets.

The only additional piece of information to be gained was that apparently if the Rockets don't work something out with Royce, there 'may' be one other team in the NBA that is interested in signing him next year?

I don't see how that would be possible unless White is willing to waive his contract and start anew. The Rockets have no real reason to cut him or buy him out if keeping him suspended means they don't have to pay him.