1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White is the Man!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nachobar, Jul 17, 2012.

?

Do you like Royce White?

1. Yes

194 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. Not Sure

26 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. thebeastss2

thebeastss2 Member

2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Is it just me or does everyone have a problem with ALL of the Rockets videos? The volume is so low, I can't turn it up loud enough to hear.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

...like

Royce 'Flight' White

[​IMG]

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Does he have a serviceable jumper at all? If he can't shoot, will he be able to get on the court?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Definitely not just you, I have the same problem. And it has been like this for years, and they never fix it.

6. koopa

koopa Member

Morris is expendable period. He seems like a bust..he has no length and is short and seriously doesn't have a single positive quality such as shooting or rebounding or driving. And to amke things worse he's a tweener which requires him to be superb in one of the skills but in reality he isn't. THe new draft picks Royce White can pass real well and is very athletic. While Jones is very long and athletic.

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Watching RW pull down boards, bring the ball up and drop dime after dime on a defense is fascinating. He also seems like a natural on the block, using his strength, ball handling and quickness to beat the defenders. Hell, if he has a mid range shot to go with it, he'll be making a name for himself sooner than later. I wouldn't worry about position if I'm his coach, I'd worry about getting him enough minutes.

Terrance Jones garbage-man'd his way into my heart too. Dude is all hustle, no frills. Makes Scola look lazy.

8. cyclONEnation

cyclONEnation Member

Do you like Royce White?

As cyclone fans, we all wonder these things. So now that you've had a chance to see him play, do you like him?

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why not? Royce will protect him too. :grin:

10. RocketFan34

RocketFan34 Contributing Member

Royce seems to have a high basketball IQ. I love his passing ability. After watching the summer league games I have made a couple of observations.

He needs to improve as a finisher around the rim. I saw multiple point blank shots not go in the hoop. I did like his shot selection he just needs to finish which I am sure will come with time.

The other thing I noticed is at times he is seems to unselfish. It seemed like the defense was playing him to pass. I would like to see him make his defenders commit more at times. I do think that he could fill in as a 3rd point guard in a pinch and play an extra shooting guard in place of PG.

11. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I did not follow his college career and stats can be misleading. So my question to you is did we see the real Royce in summer league? I guess what I am asking is does he only score dunks, layups, and break aways or had he shown any other offensive skills in college. I really like the rest of his game a lot. Just need to find where he fits in todays NBA.

12. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

Morris is disposable

13. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I definitely like Rollz, but he probably won't be in the rotation this year...

14. cyclONEnation

cyclONEnation Member

You asked the right man, the right question! I believe you didn't see anything the first game. Game 2 saw flashes, but game was the big picture. Expect less points. He would rather get assists then score points, but if he has to, he will. even in Des Moines summer league 2 years ago, he said he wanted to get a lot of assists.

As for only scoring on dunks, layups, and break aways, the answer would be yes. Because in college, he didn't have to score from away from the basket. We had 4 players with over 50 3's I think, including one player with the best 3 point percentage in our history. With guys like Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and even Jeremy Lin to pass to, you should be fine.

15. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Thanks for the insight. It its greatly appreciated, and what I feared. As I said I like his skill and love his attitude but am concerned on how he will fit. If his inside scoring was better I would have no concerns. I guess with his play making ability and rebounding if he was to give you 10ppg it would be good. Hell it seems he can get you a double double on any given night in assits and rebounds. If he were to average 10ppg he log a ton of double doubles and some triple doubles. VERY INTRIGUING

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Morris has no role on any NBA team ....

As for what role White plays onthis years Rockets team .... I have no idea , he may get significant minutes if he can mask the flaws in his game or he could ride the end of the pine.
    He goes from magic to tragic as fast as any player Ive ever seen. One minute he makes throws one down on the break or makes a brilliant pass, the next its a silly turnover or a blown gimmie.

The fans go ewww & ahhh .... then the coaches go ewww and awww *&%$.

Consistency will be the key to his playing time.

17. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Hes certainly has the power of a power forward along with the quickness. He has the vision of a point guard and the unselfishness. I like what im seeing. I guess the only thing that would concern me is his fouls.

Even though this has nothing to do with basketball, it's his character and personalty that really catch my attention. I love hearing him talk in interviews and was intrigued by his story.

18. cyclONEnation

cyclONEnation Member

If you have any other questions, please ask! I'm sure you know why the Rockets drafted him, but I'll tell you, in case you do not. When Fred Hoiberg played in the NBA, Kevin McHale was his coach. Fred (our head coach, in case you didn't know) gave a "sale pitch" to Kevin, and here we are.

19. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I remember hearing about that connection. Let us hope he turns into the most unique star the NBA has ever seen.:grin:

20. cyclONEnation

cyclONEnation Member

I hope so to. It sure helps our recruiting.