1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White is optimistic about rejoining Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Nov 18, 2012.

?

What should the Rockets do with Royce White?

1. Work with him to resolve this problem

240 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. Cut him

84 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Trade him

40 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Stash him in the D-League

204 vote(s)
    35.9%
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Thought that this article deserved it's own thread. It shows, IMO, how self absorbed Royce White is. It also gives us a clearer picture into the workings of his mind. I highlighted some of the more disturbing comments and paragraphs.

Link
    [​IMG]

Well what do y'all think?

#1 IzakDavid13, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Mr White sure loves to talk.

3. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I'm surprised he has two children. I have one child and have no time for tweeting all day.

Anyway, I hope the Rockets find a way to make use of him. Either as a player or trade filler or whatever.

I wish him well as a person and hopes he succeeds in overcoming his disorders, but his mental health doesn't concern me as a Rockets fan, if he can't play or be useful to the team.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the read! Next time, you might try quoting part of the article and let us go to the source for the rest. They like the hits. ;-)-

As for White's comments, you can add this to my posts elsewhere - wow, just wow.

#4 Deckard, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's definitely going the lawsuit route

6. Dei

Dei Member

He has kids? He's like 21...

7. PeppermintCandy

IMO the Rockets could not function if they have to always make sure everything is "just right" for one individual's needs/wants.

And given the amount of investment that goes into these players, the Rockets probably cannot operate in the timeline that White talks about here.

It's not a matter of not respecting obsessive compulsives, but rather accepting the practical realities of professional team sports.

8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Work with him to resolve the problem.. duh. The rockets picked him up at the 16th pick to make use of his unique talent. They knew what they got their hands on. There is no reason to quit on the guy in only 9 games. That's absurd and will make both the Rockets and Royce White look very unprofessional and plain stupid. Don't cut him. If you can trade him good, but no sane team will trade for him. Sending him to the d-league won't do anything either since he was playing time with the Rockets not the Vipers. Simply give him 10 minutes of play a game. Last 6 minutes of the second quarter and 4 spread out throughout the rest of the game. We all know Royce can perform well. He doesn't suck.

Just play the kid. I know it's not fair to other players such as the other rookies and other players who are also fighting for playing time but still.. It's really unfair actually.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

See, if these were the kind of statements he would've made before he started ranting on the internet and Bullard chiming in, I would've been optimistic. However, I'm not sure if I believe what comes out of White's mouth any more and it seems he wants to do some damage control. The key word being 'some'..
    Also, he's far away from accepting to play for the Vipers, it might take him another month to have a plan that he likes and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. We cannot have him on the bench sulking either so imo, let him stay absent and when he's ready to commit, let him come back.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is hard to work with him on his issues when he is not convinced if he can be a player in this league, and he is not committing himself to actually try to improve his game.

What struck me was the quote 'I learned a lot by sitting at Iowa State for a year' so he does not really care if he sits, practices or steps on the court.
    He is talking so much and says so little. His priority is getting healthy.
    We don't know what the odds are that he can heal mentally.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'd deal him for Mike Dunleavy. A very underrated player in his prime. He would solve the backup PG problem too as he can play PG/SG/SF.

12. Lihao

Lihao Member

not after all this mess .never surrender to blackmail . it will create a chaos , all the new players will follow his step threaten the team skipping practice whenever they don't have enough playing time or not happy with something.

1 person likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Every single thing that he says shows that he hasn't understood a thing.

It's too convenient and too easy to blame everything on "mental illness", while at the same time demanding that the world has to revolve around him.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Cutting him is not an option unless all of a sudden we're championship contenders and we REALLY need that 15th roster spot. We can't afford the risk that he signs with another team and then shapes up entirely out of spite against us. He either succeeds here, or he doesn't succeed.

15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Do we need to have a talk about the birds and the bees?

16. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

He sounds like an idiot who thinks he's much smarter than he actually is. I don't have much hope for him since it appears as if he isn't willing to make sacrifices for the team. Don't trust this guy at all, especially after those twitter rants.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Reading a lot of these comments makes me realize why some people show up randomly at their jobs and just shoot everyone. Everyone doesn't fit into one standard naturally we are all different and everyone is already their own unique standard as they are. No matter how much money is involved with Royce's situation you really have to take that into consideration. Either rockets will deal with it in a good way and Royce can somehow meet the team halfway or Royce has to go. It's plain and simple but members on this board need to be understanding of that.

18. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

If he can grab 10 boards a game for us then he can take a unicycle to all games for all I care

1 person likes this.
  19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i say don't burn him, it's bad for us and him .

20. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Support him with benefit of doubt. Many of the criticisms are still based on the assumption that it's not a medical issue and it makes him look bad. I'm glad he's taking recommendations from the rockets doctor. If both doctors decide this is medical issue, team need to and have to support him. It's much easier than pursuing a young star by waiting years to collect assets if he can fulfill his potential. Kings would make a mistake if they trade cousins last season with his pr nightmare.