1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White in serious play for the Rockets at 14 and 16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jun 21, 2012.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

i could see Popovich is doing Hack-the-Royce already

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

He's looking good at the draft combine. He was doing well defending and on offense in the defense drills.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Carl is Tyler Durden.

4. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

He has a 7 foot wingspan and over an 8 and a half foot standing reach. Stop with the whole undersized thing. Most of y'all unfortunately don't even realize that height alone actually plays a much smaller part in the effectiveness of someone's size compared to their actual wingspan and reach. You don't shoot, rebound or block many shots with the top of your head.

I mentioned him in a few other threads as a guy I hope we would consider if trading up proves futile. There aren't a lot of people at 14 or 16 that would positively make and contribute to this team in all honesty. Probably one guy, but if we keep both....you gotta commit to the idea that one of them needs to be a risk. Royce White is a perfect example of a player that could pay off huge dividends....and for little commitment from the Rockets viewpoint. It isn't like we are one role player away to where we should feel the pressure to draft a guy we know will pan out.

5. HeyBudLetsParty

From his interview it seams like he's kind of unconfident

He said he does everything good, but nothing great.

6. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

7. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Let me guess, he doesn't have enough "swag" for you?

8. HeyBudLetsParty

Haha no, I hate cocky players. And I hope we draft him, but the kid should have more confidence in his game.

9. Muaz

Muaz Member

Good comparison although Mashburn was a pretty solid shooter in college, but it's a good example cause of they're similar court vision and bullish rim attacking style. Hopefully he doesn't get as many injuries as Mashburn.

I think he measured in at 261 at the combine DraftExpress updated his weight to 261 should help with some of the he's overweight and needs better conditioning criticism. He is a good player, but the best option would be to trade down to nab him and Teague or Fournier.

10. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    The Houston Rockets are shopping Samuel Dalembert, according to sources. He may be packaged with one of Houston's first-round picks.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I gotcha. I just think we tend to overlook guys who are realistic now in favor of the grandiose attitude we've become accustomed to. These kids have been "the man" for years because of AAU ball and it just distorts their game and sense of self entirely, IMO.

So I don't think he sounds un-confident. Just realistic.

13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He looks like he has the shooting form to get better at FTs with practice and a little instruction. They can only do that for a little while. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

15. CertifiedTroll

If you are tall enough you WOULD use your head to block people. It is a huge crowd motivator and a sought after skill. Royce really carries no potential in that field and is not needed. Pass. We NEED head blockers.

1 person likes this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Where are you gettin this from? Previous rumors?

17. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Just my guess. It makes sense though.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG ;)

and ...let the anti-climax begin.

Sorry, it's a defense mechanism. just trying to protect myself from disappointment.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Um....hope you keep the Kleenex next to the computer (if you're an unmarried dude, LOL).

20. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Wiz took on 30million dollars for the 42nd pick just to dump Blatche for the THIRD overall pick?!?!?!?! No way. If anything its probably to Mil, or Ports 11th.