1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White FINALLY gonna play! Who's pumped?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

At this point I'd take the second coming of Anthony Mason, and I hated Anthony Mason.

2. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

here comes the
    DNp - anxiety

3. coweye

coweye Member

If he does a good job people will forget what happened also here on CF.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Seriously? What Royce did is way worse than that. At least those party guys show up for training camp, practices and games. They're are bonding with their teammates. Royce is bonding with twitter. Royce didn't show up for work. There is no sugar coating that, sorry.

But let's take a step back, what Rockets have done that, or better yet, which NBA players have played with a hangover and played like ass?

Sounds like you are just speculating and making assumptions. Nothing saying it dont happen but we know what Royce has done so far, or even better, NOT done so far. You say all he did was attract media attention. Really? So he never threw his bosses under the bus?

Sounds to me like he lied about getting drafted, waited until he was officially under contract and then all of a sudden had a list of demands that probably could have been worked out from the time he got drafted to training camp. Plenty of time.

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I was not very happy with the way Royce handled his issues with the Rockets, but I think his intention may have been very noble, so I would like to give him some leeway.

More importantly though, looking at how rarely D-Mo and Jones have played, and how Morris was used last season, has Royce really done much damage? If he would have come in to camp and been ready to play from day one, I doubt we would have seen him on the floor in Houston. we'd probably have some stellar highlight videos of him in the Valley, but that's it.

You can say he has hurt his chemistry with his teammates, but not being in the locker room, we don't know that.

If the guy plays well and is ready to contribute next season then we should all look back at these issues as if he had a knee injury that the organization did not completely understand at first. In the meanwhile I am looking forward to watching the RGV game tomorrow (which, by the way, I do not have to pirate in order to watch).

6. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

personally inconvenienced?

i get it, but c'mon. hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here.
    and he is an exciting player. doesn't seem to be a bad guy at all.

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Royce's regular season highlights through 2-10-13

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Oi1BcouEmio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. CertifiedTroll

I am pretty doubtful he will even get PT in Rio. The coach of RGV has his own agenda.

9. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I dont mind put Cole Aldrich in that package. ;)

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hopefully they let him learn from the bench first.

I don't see how he would have any right to ask for playing time. He didn't attend any training camp, doesn't know the system, hasn't kept in shape. Even if you leave the part out where he constantly attacked his employer, he basically should EARN his right to play and not EXPECT anything for granted.

Make him learn the hard way. Anything else will just feed his sense of entitlement.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The moment someone throws a paper airplane it's lights out......

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I hope he's successful, for his sake and the Rockets'. But, no I'm not pumped. And, I'd encourage anyone to not get emotionally invested in his success. He's got high bust potential -- not because of his talent, but because of his issues.

Should. But, I think we know he's going to go in feeling entitled to start. He thinks he's too good for the NBDL in the first place. He's going to bristle at the further indignity of sitting on the bench.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Are we gonna cheer for him or no?

14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I don't think he's capable of saying "I'm sorry" so until I hear him apologize for anything, I'll leave my pump in the garage.

15. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Let the showcasing begin!

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I hope he plays well and is able to contribute to the team down the line.

17. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

If he plays well we all should just call him Royce Flight" :grin:

18. Raven

Raven Member

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

FIFY.

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

It's hard to get excited when you know he's just a time bomb waiting to explode any time. Who knows what will tick him off. I still don't see how it's gonna work out with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.