1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White FINALLY gonna play! Who's pumped?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Sounds like a Rowdy.

2. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

The summer league highlights make him look like a cross between magic, lebron, and sir charles.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The potential he showed when he played was awesome.
    The headcase he has been so far is a distraction.

But frankly the Rockets didn't need 3 rookies this year anyway. If he can overcome his problems the rest of this year in the D league and successfully do the work in the off season, he can come in like a draft choice for us next year.

I still hope to see Highway30 playing point forward for the Houston Rockets in '13/'14.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am excited. Even if you don't want him on the team the better he does the more appealing of an asset he is so he can be moved.

Royce has ridiculous talent, lost in the commotion is the fact that he is probably our most talented rookie.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wishing him well...

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

lol @ people acting like he put you through anything. If Harden or Parsons was doing it, then maybe you'd have a case.

White had a longer adjustment period and made some bad decisions along the way, but I bet we'll look back on all of it and laugh someday.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

I dont see White "failing"...... Mentally he plays at another level, wich is weird because that is suppose to be a weakness..... And because of that White plays with a different passion to prove others wrong and those "haters"... He wants to prove that a mentall illness will not stop anyone from accomplishing a dream. He wants to make it to the NBA its just he wants to make it under the terms he wants medically wich makes it a battle itself won for anxeity period. I dont see him failing in the D-Leage...... Like Lin, he plays for something that drives him and when a player is being driven by something that is greater than just the ambition but for a cause he feels he is fighting and for people he feels are counting on him... Thats when a player or person just simply takes over. I dont know how good he will be but I am sure he will not stay in the D-Leage..... Would love it if he panned out and joined the Rockets for a late season run and the cinderalla story the Rockets could be by the end.....

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I look back on it now and laugh. I was laughing while the event was unfolding.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Do you laugh at train wrecks?

10. Arthurprescott2

I always believed and still firmly believe that the rookie w/ most talent on this team is D-Mo. :)

11. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

rockets 2nd best player

12. tallanvor

Innocent people get hurt in train wrecks.....

I guess you could say Royce's innocent kid is being hurt by Royce's choices. Which is sad.

13. rocketsmetalspd

I will be there tomorrow night. I will try get some pics and maybe an autograph.

14. Anxiety Trooper

Royce white can eat a bag of baby Ds for all I care. I hope he never wears a rockets jersey again.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

This.

There are worse things that he could have done. Some players go out partying all night, before games & come & play hungover & play like ass. That pisses me off a lot more than anything Royce did. Royce didn't hurt the teams chances at winning, I doubt any of the players hate him. He didn't divide the locker room all he did was attract media attention. But nobody blames the Rockets, everyone blames Royce.

He wasted the time of Rockets higher ups & attracted attention & all of teh negative backlash went his way.

Agreed either D-mo or Royce. My money is leaning towards Royce though.

16. QazQay

QazQay Member

Les is that you?

17. tallanvor

But those players play........

18. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Quite an eponymous post.

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

To root for the flat tire known as RW required one to have a pump and to be pumped. Call me sceptical. The renewed ecstasy over Royce White is so much 'air of the dog.

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I guarantee this will not be the last issue. He will disappear or refuse to show up at least once during his D-League stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.