1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White Be Well is Retiring From Basketball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

SMFH All you had to do was travel with the team. Lol. Now he's really going to have anxiety issues from taking headshots :rolleyes:.

#BeWell

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mixed Altercations not Martial Arts.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Ok internet tough guy. You’re obviously a p***y.

4. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

After years of basically not hearing any of their names, Royce White announced his basketball retirement/pursuit of MMA, while Terrence Jones returned to the Rockets to go -8 in 1 minute vs Jeremy Lamb's Hornets. The 2012 draft has finally come full circle.

5. SemisolidSnake

Thank you. It means a lot.

6. SemisolidSnake

Thank you. Teared up myself reading your response. I sincerely appreciate everything you said and offered.

Yeah, we're all a bunch of idiots about sports, and that's the major part of the fun and energy here in this great community. But we're also a community of real people that grow to care about each other deeply. A huge number of the most important people in my life I've met on the internet (and often subsequently in person), and many of them have been the most helpful to me in some of my lowest times.

Anyway, you learn from painful experiences as well, and I try to give back what I can from I've learned. For anyone reading this, I know A LOT about this stuff. :D From personal experience. A lot of about all sorts of meds, types of therapy, books I've found useful, and just the general experience. I'll be glad to talk with anyone on the side if you have any questions. I'd rather people not have to go through the same drawn-out learning curve I've had to.

It can be a very lonely experience. People intuitively have a sense of sympathy and/or empathy in the face of words like "cancer," but "depression" and "anxiety" are poorly understood in society. And I'm in no way diminishing the former, nor criticizing others for not understanding the latter. It's just the current state of things, and it's a complicated thing, so there are a lot of people in the world who suffer in silence. The best thing I can do is just be open and honest and hopefully that helps someone.

But you guys...you guys are great. You all help make this a great community, and we all need a community to belong to.

7. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

That´s weird.
    BIG 3 league had just confirmed early February he would be joining the draft pool.

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Basketball: "Who?"

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This timeline is hilarious. You can't make this stuff up. (Oh, you better believe I'm gonna watch him get popped in the mouth. ;-) )

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why don’t you give me your address and we can settle this in person. You’re a flat out dick.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He'll do an MJ and make a comeback nobody really cares about.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way he gets anywhere close to the UFC.

But for the love of all that is right, let Royce White see Francis Ngannou in the future. :D

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

part of the retirement package benefits

hajkov likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I say we put him in an octagon with Daryl Morey. I'm thinking DM's more than ready to take a few swings.

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I could do that but your p***y ass would be a no show.

16. don grahamleone

try me

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

ok. Give me your address

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's get along and not feud over an obvious fraud who does not love basketball that much.

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

That’s about what I expected.. I ask for your address and suddenly you get shy

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Thats about what I thought, you are still a p***y.