1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roy Williams (WR) Wants Out and Back to Texas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Dec 5, 2007.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Don't blame him for wanting out of Detroit, they showed their true colors after getting off to such a great start.

I know it's an absolute pipe dream but AJ and Roy Williams lining up w/ one another. :eek: I know, it's the Texans...but you might as well dream big if you're gonna dream at all.

#1 gucci888, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  2. JamesC

JamesC Member

That could be the break this franchise needs. I'd love to see that get done.

3. msn

msn Member

What about Kevin Jones? Is he any good? Is he old? Is he fast?

My goodness, a running back that wants to come to Texas? Roy's nice and all, but tell me about that running back!

Do they have any offensive tackles that want to come to Texas???

4. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Looking at both Texas teams, which one would you prefer?

5. msn

msn Member

There's only one team in Texas. If you'll remember, San Antonio failed to land a franchise even after building that hideously ugly "Alamodome".

If you're referring to "America's team", that's a common mistake people make. That team plays in South Oklahoma, not in Texas.

6. Major

Major Member

Not old - but injury prone. Was in college and has been in the NFL. This year, he's coming back from some kind of serious knee injury. Been kind of mediocre in the NFL, but he was also playing in Detroit.

7. Major

Major Member

Kitna is the most sacked QB in the league this year with 47 - 12 more than the 2nd place Big Ben. I don't think we want any of their o-line guys. :)

8. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Don't get me confused with being a Cowboy fan. My point is, if you were a receiver looking at a Texas team, would you prefer to play with Romo/Owens or Schaub/ Johnson. I don' think that's a hard choice.

9. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

That would be a dream come true, but he is going to be a restricted free agent. Thus Detroit can match any deal. I know they are a bad franchise, but they aren't stupid enough not to match any offer he gets.

10. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

Roy that is.

11. gucci888

The article states they will be UNrestricted FAs.

grummett- While the TO/Romo combo is obviously the much better combo, I think a lot of players would steer away from TO if they could. He's been quiet this year but then again, they're winning and he's getting touches. If any WR came in and began taking receptions/TDs from TO, I would bet you would see the old TO almost instantly.

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

It only said that Williams was wanting to come back to Texas. Kevin Jones simply wants out of Detroit hell.

Put Roy in some liberty blue and lets ball.....

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

williams is injury prone also. I've always liked jones, a younger version of ahman green imo, but he's injury prone also. if the texans could get either one, I would go for jones, its the bigger need. love williams' natural ability though.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Roy went to Odessa Permian and goes back there every summer to do his football camp. Unfortunately, dallas is much closer to Odessa than Houston.

Too bad...the Texans could use some of that MOJO. Maybe McNair can let him use the company jet to fly back and forth between Houston and Odessa during the summer?

Besides, aren’t we talking about the year after next? Hard to get excited about something that MAY happen 2 years from now.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Would love to see him in Houston, but I think he'd rather go to Dallas...He'd have TO type numbers and be involved in every facet of the game...

16. gucci888

Seriously...too bad he's been wasting away in Detroit because I think he is a Top 3 WR in terms of talent and natural ability.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie-cKepTDic&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ie-cKepTDic&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

17. msn

msn Member

Oh, I didn't intend to imply that you are a Cowboy fan. Just taking any opportunity to slap dallas.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The real question is who will have the salary cap room for these guys. Arent' the Texans going to clear 20 million off the books next season?

19. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Ooh mama! RW teamed with AJ? That would just be sick and I think it would make the rest of the AFC sick as well! :D

20. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I love Roy, but this team has a lot of holes that need to be filled before WR. O-line, RB, S, CB, OLB should all be filled before we look to splash a ton of money on a wide out. The receivers have been the strongest unit on the team this season.