1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roy Hibbert lol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sh.t, so many people felt like I wasn't joking. Didn't even get repped, this is a sad day for me.
    Thought I made it pretty obvious with the "lol" and ish.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seriously, how can some of you think I wasn't joking? :confused:

3. Trackball

Trackball Member

Okay, I have to get this off my chest, and this is as good a place as any.

Roy Hibbert, a decent center, keeps getting mistaken for Hasheem Thabeet, and is insulted at this fact, right?

Want to know why Hasheem Thabeet is not only a colossal bust, but is getting virtually no playing time?

Effort.

He refuses to put forth the effort to become even a passable player at the professional level.

I finally realized this when Kevin McHale (as quoted by Clutch's Twitter) said a few weeks ago that Thabeet could only play maybe five to ten minutes a game...not due to a lack of ability, but a lack of conditioning.

And there is the problem.

There is so much more that goes into being an NBA center than just knowing how to box out, knowing where missed shots tend to bounce and grabbing them, and backing down a guy in the post. That's only 48 minutes of the day, not counting time-outs and between-period breaks and such.

Does Hasheem Thabeet still not realize, in what is now his third NBA season, that there is a tremendous amount of bodily preparation involved in playing professional basketball? Without it, after eight minutes on the court, he'll be sucking wind so hard, the first three rows will have passed out from oxygen deprivation (to borrow a phrase from Jim Cornette). His heart--that is, his physical one inside his chest--is not strong enough to handle the rigors of a basketball game as a result, and he gets beat to the basket every single time.

Becoming a great--or even a half-decent--professional basketball player does not start on the court. It starts in the gym. Work your body, get it stronger, get it healthier.

Then you will have a chance.

Until then...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/woOu_4l3lio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

chuck wagon is going to "f him up"

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every time Blake Griffin plays Chuck Hayes, Chuck punks him. Niff said about Griffin Biffen.