1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROX need FA for 2/3 to contend

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drpepper, Jun 10, 2001.

1. drpepper

drpepper Member

We need to take a serious look at who is available for the wing spots now that it's official that SA is leaving.It's best for both sides if he goes and he knows that.He plays better with a post orientated offense as oppose to our running style because he's not that good of a ballhandler,in case you havn't noticed.Cat is good and all but he's only 6'4" and has trouble with more talented SG.So who's out there?Well there's Jim Jackson,Jaren Jackson(both are good shooters)Eddie Robinson(good size),Cedric Ceballos,Felipe Lopez(good all around,but not great) just to name a few.For us to be successful its going to take a combination of a good draft choices and good FA signings.If the Lakers win the Finals, I don't think MJ will make a comeback so that means Dream will most likely stay here.We should sign him to a 2 year 8.5 mill contract with the Rockets holding the option for the 2nd year(to look out for the best intrest of the team).Webber is probably heading east so we should look at other options like Marc Jackson(who was very productive at C wants to play here) for PF.Lets save $$ for Vince next year,he like Cat and Francis.I think that our C position is going to be a major factor in a couple of seasons,if not sooner,so we should try to find someone LEGIT,either in a trade for Kandiman or in the draft, but noone in the draft really belongs but maybe Diop,but i don't think he's gonna make an impact at all,so I would take Samuel Dalumbert for several reasons.1)he resembles someone that came out of U of H a whole lot,2)lots of potential,3)closer to 7' than alot of the others,4)physically very athletic for that size and is packing on the muscle for the NBA.K. Johnson is o.k. but he's only 6'10" as is Curry.Haywood and Woods are too much like Cato(injury prone and underachieving),one is enough for the Rockets.Draft day has been bad for the us lately(remember: Collier or C. Alexander)
    If I was GM I would:trade 13 and 18 to the Cavs for Joe Johnson, or draft Jamal Tinsley and package him in a trade for ??, or 13)R. Jefferson which isn't that bad
    18)Samuel Dalemburt
    23)this is where i would go euro like Vladimir Radanovic (sp?) or for more size like K. Johnson or possibly Gilbert Arenas if he's still on the board,basically best player available.
    other ideas for 23:
    Trenton Hassell
    Kerdrick Brown
    Sean Lampley
    Gonzaga player SF,white guy(can't think of name)
    Lee Scruggs
    Gerald Wallace
    Jeff Trampaiger sp?
    lastly Terrence Morris

------------------

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

we need to pick up jim jackson.

dr. pepper, dude, is your spacebar broken?

hard to read [​IMG]

------------------
    "They couldn't shoot, rebound, or pass, but other than that, they played great!"

-Bill Walton

3. enbehay

enbehay Member

Walt Williams is as good as any of the FAs you mentioned, and he is under contract. Like you, I think Sam Delambert may be a surprisingly good player but, if we take a flyer on him it should be no lower than #23. (Incidentally, Hakeem may take umbrage at the comparison -- he never had hair like Delambert's!) However, if we're going for a center that late, we've probably used the prior picks for a PF (Randolph) and a SF (Radmanovic).

------------------

4. drpepper

drpepper Member

Walt is old ,slow and usually misses.He was in a slump all last year.No way we rely on him helping us get to the playoffs.
    Also,there is no way we draft Randolph at PF.No way.I'd bet my house on it.especially at 13.He's gonna slide way down.Watch and see

------------------