1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rowdy story from the LA game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by krosfyah, Jan 11, 2007.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It is absolutely hysterical that we're defending a woman who got into an argument with a mascot. Anyone who is idiotic enough to verbally duke it out with a team's MASCOT rather than quietly excusing himself/herself to address the matter with security deserves what they get. I mean, c'mon, we're talking about a MASCOT- a MASCOT. Absolutely too funny. Now I'm going to go out and rent Ace Ventura tonight (the first one). Great.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been a Rocket's fan since the early 80's and I can't stand the Lakers. Nice try....

3. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Those fans that confronted you were idiots too. Still doesn't make chanting sore loser to the woman the right thing to do.

Get a clue.

4. dandorotik

5. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I said the lady did not handle her business in the proper manner. If what she did bothered people in attendance, getting a bunch of overgrown kids to start stupid chants is not the way to handle their dissatisfaction either.

Should the lady have gotten other Laker fans to start an anti dude in a bear suit chant? LoL

6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Ill-Skillz,

The Rockets observed everything that happened. When they ask us to stop something, we do. Simple as that.

Until that time, your opinion is nothing more than your personal opinion. You are the ONLY person taking your position here and there were no other objectors at the game ...just the opposite, in fact.

But thanks for the buzzkill. ;)

7. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

God damn, ill skillz, you're a rational person. you've seen that heckling an opposing fan is a common occurence. if it really is as bad as you say, then dont you think that league authorites would have taken action by now?

well, they havent, because its harmless fun. people go to the games to have fun, and if they wear opposing jerseys and openly declare their preference to the road team, then they are inviting all the flak. as long as there is no profanity involved, there is no reason to get riled up. if you cant handle the heat, dont bring it on yourself by wearing the opposing team's jersey or whatever.

and do write to Les Alexander. im sure he'd tell you how to get a clue

8. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

9. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

You must work for the ACLU or something. Actually, I'm sure Les doesn't have a problem with Rowdies getting after opposing fans as long as no profanity/obscene gestures are involved. He would also probably tell the lady to mellow out, and stop over-exaggerating.

She created the escalated environment and if I'm an owner I wouldn't want those types of people coming to my arena. She verbally attacked one of his employee's over a harmless stunt. Her over-reacting involved security for no reason. She later used profane language towards other fans, made a lewd gesture on her way out, and even made false claims against the Rowdies once again involving security.

There was no justifiable reason to act that way. The Rowdies were just calling it like they saw it, and I'd want others to call me out if I were acting like a jerk.

Using your logic those guys who flicked off the TC were justified b/c they may have been offended by the some 18,000 who were booing them.

Next thing you know she'll be in court claiming the silly string caused whip-lash and she suffered emotional damage.

10. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

11. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

They really shouldn't have to be asking you to stop anything. Common sense should kick in at some point. I've been to hundreds of games and I've never had to ushers or cops ask me to refrain from anything.

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Just accept the fact that we have the Rockets blessings and let it go.

What you think doesn't really matter much.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually when an opposing fan is in the building then it is their business, and is perfectly normal and to be expected. I think Les does approve of what went on or he wouldn't have allowed Clutch to use the silly string, and that Les like 99% of people understand that good natured ribbing between fans on opposing sides will take place.
    It is any Rocket Fan near that person's business.

The Rowdies did use good judgement. They refrained from using profanity or throwing anything or harming the person. That is good judgement. The lady obviously didn't use good judgement.

I think the point was that they had fun. It sounds like fun, and I am sure that is why it was posted here because it was a blast. The idea at a sporting even is to have fun.

14. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Write the letter and ask him then. Don't water it down either. Ask him if he wants the Rowdies to yell personal comments at the other teams fans.

She had an argument with someone who sprayed something on her. It was between her and Clutch at that point. It escalated when the Rowdies stuck their nose in it.

I'm a Rocket fan and I don't want that stupid bear spraying stuff that could get in my drink, food, hair or clothes.

Security is there to handle disputes. Yes she over-reacted to what happened. That still doesn't make it the Rowdie's business. I became security'd business.

She would not been involved with other fans if the Rowdies has not "layed in to her hard".

How do you know for 100% sure that noone in the arena threw anything? It could have come from some moron in another section.

Now, you're reaching..... So now the Rowdies are the ministers of reason for arena..... wow.

Never said the lady was right. I just said the Rowdies escalated the incident by not minding their business.

I wouldn't doubt it. People love to sue for dumb reasons.

15. dandorotik

First, Tigger slaps a kid at DisneyWorld.

Now, Clutch the Bear silly-strings a paying customer.

What's next?

Mickey Mouse farting on a paying patron?

Foghorn Leghorn harassing a member of the farm community?

Snoopy charging Woodstock rent?

The Spurs coyote getting engaged to the Phoenix gorilla?

"If she gets up...we'll all get up..it'll be anarchy!!!!!"

16. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

And you coming here to brag about some stupid crap you did at a basketball game doesn't impress people with common sense.

You've already said they have asked you guys to stop doing some things, so don't act like you have a license to do whatever you want. I promise that the Rockets do not want you to escalate a situation like the one that was occurring when you decided to start those dumbass personal chants.

You guys are acting like the people who get wasted at open bars just because the drinks are free. Don't abuse the gift you've been given.

The Rocket's did a nice thing for you guys, act like you appreciate it.

17. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

hey ill skillz, just wondering, are you that chick the rowdies heckled?

18. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Funny... but nothing to do with the issue.

One issue is whether or not the Rowdies have the right to interject their group in to an issue between a patron and an employee by chanting personal crap at the patron. The answer is no.

The other issue is whether or not the Rowdies have the right to single out patrons in general by chanting personal crap at the patron. The answer to that is also no.

19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

When I saw that this completely fun and innocent thread became one of the BBS's most popular, I just knew it was going to be one big b****fest with some self-righteous people defending someone who in this case really doesn't deserve defending.

This kind of stuff should all be part of the game. Mocking, jeering, HARMLESS silly string. Live with it, or don't show up. ESPECIALLY in the opposing team's jersey. I don't hate people who root for the opposing team, but I will mock them (I call friends who are fans of opposing teams we just beat everytime just to make fun of them, haha, and they do the same), and they have to realize it's all for fun and in the spirit of the game.

Good job, Rowdies, keep it up. I would have helped you if I was there... although I gotta say, I probably would have crossed the profanity barrier when she was walking up the aisle after she gave me the finger. ;)

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not something. She was sprayed with harmless silly string by the mascot that is paid to do exactly that to paying customers who wear opposing teams jerseys. I'm sure Les Alexander doesn't want patrons to verbally abuse his employees for doing their jobs and entertaining thousands of other patrons.

Ok so you are stick in the mud too. Your inability to take a joke, and this woman's are not the problem of the Red Rowdies, who certainly are a part of the Rockets good home work.

It is already their business because of her jersey. That is what happens and is acceptable behavior at sporting events.
    She blamed the Rowdies for it. They didn't throw it. Whoever did throw it was in wrong as well.
    As it should have been. Their response was completely appropriate for a sports arena and basketball game.