1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Round 2: Chicago Bulls vs Detroit Pistons Series Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Omer, Apr 29, 2007.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Bulls = Xposed. :(

I guess we will have yet another Pistons/Spurs finals matchup this year...

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Captain Kirk is now the Rafer in Chicago? lol

3. Michael Jordan

4. Michael Jordan

mr. kirk, receiving his comeuppance for his series play

[​IMG]

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I guess nobody cares about this series any more. The turning point today was the Bulls failing to rebound a missed Piston FT when they were up 49-30. Tayshaun Prince drilled a 3 pointer and the bottom fell out. Detroit closed the 3rd quarter on a 31-11 run.

6. max14

max14 Member

three zzzzzzip.

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Pistons dont forget to bring the broom in Gm 4.

Pistons may sweep the eastern conference into final. That will be amazing.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Is there any question whether the Pistons are the best team in the NBA, right now? That was a championship performance if I've ever seen one. Just hand them the trophy, already.

9. lalala902102001

This series is brutal.

When's the last time a team got swept right after they sweep another team in the playoffs?

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Conventional wisdom says the Bulls need an interior scorer more than anything else. I'm not so sure about that. The two playoff series have shown me they a perimeter facilitator more than anything else. When the opposing team puts tremendous pressure on the ball and starts overplaying and contesting every pass, the Bulls are not a good enough at ball-handling or passing to punish the gambling. They overcame it against the Heat because Wade was hampered and the Heat weren't athletic enough to prevent the Bulls from making big scoring runs of their own. But the Pistons are such a good defensive team that

11. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

The Bulls are leading Pistons 59-51. But there is no way the Bulls will make it 3-2 and go back home. Bye Bye Bulls. C ya next season.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Come on Bulls wear the Pistons down for the ECF.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

ooops, hit SUBMIT by accident and didn't get a chance to proof at all. Had to walk away and take care of something:

Conventional wisdom says the Bulls need an interior scorer more than anything else. I'm not so sure about that. The two playoff series have shown me they need a perimeter facilitator more than anything else. When the opposing team puts tremendous pressure on the ball and starts overplaying and contesting every pass, the Bulls are not a good enough at ball-handling or passing to punish the gambling. They overcame it against the Heat because Wade was hampered and the Heat weren't athletic enough to prevent the Bulls from making big scoring runs of their own. But the Pistons are such a good defensive team that the Bulls just crumble under the pressure. Hinrich is a decent PG but he makes a lot of bad decisions under pressure. So does Gordon. During crunch time of tense games, there isn't a guy on the Bulls they can give the ball to at the top of the key who they know will make something good happen. They try to compensate for this by using a "motion" offense but teams like the Pistons have long-armed players who can keep up with their man. Gordon may develop into that kind of player, but he makes so many mistakes at the end of games I wonder sometimes.

But they still need an inside scorer at PF or C. Big Ben doesn't cut it.

14. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

This is so boring

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

damn, turn my back for some food and Billups went out with four fouls, the Bulls went on a 13-0 run. Come on Pistons, u still can do it.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

currently on sportsline.com/nba
    [​IMG]

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

NO that's just payback for the cheapshot Hinrich took on Murray in this:
    (watch him sucker punch his package)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsxBWdrWgNo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsxBWdrWgNo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Of course the Bulls do the opposite of what I expected today and demolish the Pistons in the 2nd half. Chauncey's fouls were key. The Pistons weren't themselves today. It would be great if the Bulls could push it to 7. I expect the Pistons to be totally focused in game 6 and we will see what the Bulls are made of.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Well the series has evened out right to where it's 'supposed' to be. The Bulls went from the broom closet right back to being in position to push this to 7. Let's see if the Pistons can ramp their intensity back up. I hope this goes the distance though, gives my Cavs a better chance. ;)

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Chicago got more home Cooking in the Palance than at home
    Some of the calls and moreso the Non Calls were crazy

Rocket River