1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rotation Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dconover, Dec 10, 2004.

1. dconover

dconover Contributing Member

JVG has been consistent in his shaking up of the rotation to the point that it is hard to tell who he is going to start at PF and with JJ out... SF each game. With the emergence of AB at point and the return of Sura from the IR... curious to hear folks opinions on your ideal rotation. This exercise is assuming that we are not going to make any trade or waiver wire (ie House) moves.

Mine...

<b>Point</b>
    Sura - he should start and get a majority of the minutes
    Barrett - great change of pace player. can also play along side Sura.
    Ward - i still like his shooting and steady play... but limited minutes.

<b>Shooting Guard</b>
    TMac - 40 minutes a game.
    Boki - only in to stretch the defense and give TMac a break.

<b>Small Forward</b>
    Bowen - i have become a believer. i love his hustle and defense with the first team. gives more shots to TMac and Yao.
    JJ - the scoring that we need off of the bench.

<b>Power Forward</b>
    Padgett - i want him in the lineup the same reason as i want Bowen.... hustle and defense. his movement on offense (even though he is a poor shooter) opens up the floor for Tmac and Yao.
    Howard/ Taylor - depends on needs and matchups.

<b>Center</b>
    Yao - obviously.
    Deke - i love his defense with second unit or spelling Yao.

Nothing new and earth shattering here other than the Bowen and Padgett. In the last week... I have started to believe that we can win with the team we have if we utilize our players correctly. Bowen and Padgett play pressure defense and both are good at keeping the ball in play and getting the assist on rebounds. Bowen and Padgett also never force the ball and this will give more shots to TMac and Yao.

JJ and Howard/Taylor off of the bench gives us scoring with the second unit.

Thoughts...?

2. sourav004

sourav004 Member

I like the rotation u have set except at the SF position. I know we need scoring off the bench but i think JJ will be more useful as starter. I understand that people put bowen in because of his hustle and the fact he wont take as much shots as JJ which mean YAO and TMAC can rule, but i think JJ will contribute more as a starter.

P.S. I realize that we won 3 in a row with Bowen in the lineup.

I love the idea of having Barrett in the line up. He is energy guy and i believe he is one of the main contributers to the winning streak.

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Padgett really isn't that bad of a shooter, where did you get that?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My main rotation thought is that I dont want to see Ward anywhere near it. Sura and Barrett should get 100% of the PG duties. Carry on!

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sura and Barrett should be our starting backcourt
    and
    T-Mac should play the 3. .. and suck it up
    Padmohoward at the 4
    and
    Yao of course the 5

Rocket River

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Question: why Gundy not playing Spoon anymore? Mo and Juwan are struggling, why not give spoon a chance. Spoon has proven he can hustle, he can knock down open shots. We need spoon.