1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roswell's most damning evidence: The Ramey Memo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ToyCen428, Dec 28, 2010.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who doesn't like a good fruit plate. Although I would hope they would've played "Body of an American" at the wake.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TOZHwWFjb30" frameborder="0"></iframe>

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I don't know - the part where he said that they went to gymboree to get them some clothes was pretty awesome, too.

3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

I don't know how the U.S. government thinks. Or do I?

All I know is this, when something of this magnitude happens (an object from unknown origin crashing in the desert, and having to explain it to the world without freaking everyone out, you'll do anything, say anything, and react quickly.

They wouldn't just throw these "Beings" in the ground, or in the water, or burn them not knowing what chemical compound makes up their bodies.... throwing them in caskets, shipping them to a facility in confinement wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't know what they did with them, all I know is the claim's of this one nurse. That's her story, and it isn't as far fetched as the whole weather balloon theory is it?

The truth is comin' my homies!

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

crashing an inknown commodity not smart!

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

ToyCen, if all of this is indeed true, I have only 1 question for you:

What did you think of MadMax's Gymboree line?

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm satisfied with the "Independence Day" movie explanation. ;)

7. RainbowPoop

RainbowPoop Rookie

There's no doubt in my mind that the government would cover up something of this magnitude.

Just imagine how the WORLD would react to this, religion would fall, after an alien discovery there is no telling what our History really is.

Does anyone else watch ANCIENT ALIENS on the history channel? They are uncovering cities that have been preserved with sand, carbon dating tells us that the cities have been there longer than the bible tells us about when humans originated.
    There are underwater ruins of past cities, we know more about our galaxy then we do of the deepest parts of our oceans.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That show is so riddled with intentional half-truths that if you believe anything in it on face value you are not very smart.

For instance, the other day, flipping channels, I caught a segment about when Cortez arrived in the new world. They went on and on about how the natives kept insisting that Cortez came from the sky/from the gods, despite repeated denials by Cortez. And that fact is true.

They then go on to talk about how the only explanation is that the ancient Aztec gods were all really alien astronauts, and Cortez was mistaken for one of them.

The truth of the matter is that there was a story (IIRC, some of the details might be off) about the return of Quetzalcoatl, the sky god (among other things) returning to the Aztec via the sea to the east. Cortez and his men fit this legend exactly. That, in fact, is why people mistook Cortez and his men as being from the sky. He fit the legend of the returning god of the sky and creation. If Quetzalcoatl had been the earth god, they would have insisted he sprung up out of the earth.

9. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

All governments have proven inept at keeping secrets over periods of time, yet we are to believe that in this instance they were successful?

Doubtful.

10. RainbowPoop

RainbowPoop Rookie

He went on to kill them all.

11. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Now why can't this crash happen now, in the age of YouTube and Wikileaks? I guess the aliens knew that if they need to crash, better do it before "those humans invent the internet".

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is the same way with the JFK conspiracy people. Everything is so convoluted, and people are constantly making up their own theories, that almost all of the stories sound preposterous on their face. Most of them are an insult to anyone with any intelligence.

I don't see how, from a picture in 1947, you can read words off a letter, when you can't even see writing on it in the picture. The quality of photos were not that great in 1947. You'd be lucky to get words off that photo were it taken with a nice camera today. Or wait, did the government/news people have 20 megapixel cameras with high quality zoom lenses back then?

On top of that, but, correct me if I'm wrong, when was the last time hospitals had caskets?

I have a really hard time taking anything I see on the history channel for any real value. Half the time, they have a certain message they want to send to people (usually, it's whatever message gets people to watch), and they steer towards that message and crowd so much, they end up airing things that are not even factual.

I hope at some point in history, I'm a witness to something controversial that is very historically important. I'm going to capitalize on it, and become an extremely rich man by saying that things happened a different way from how they were reported, no matter how stupid my story sounds. I'll do it just for the money. Why not, thousands have already done this on many subjects throughout history.

All that being said, I still am very curious to find out what actually happened. I don't know if any "aliens" landed, and I think it's hard to fathom the possibility of other life being out there (even though I think there has to be, somewhere), but I'm interested.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, he did. The Aztec kept capturing his men to sacrifice them because they needed hearts to rip out and Cortez's soldiers would escape. If the Aztec had been willing to kill Cortez's men in battle instead of capture them, they'd have taken horrible losses, but would have still defeated him.

But how is this relevant?

14. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

This is the most talked about incident, but the most important incident took place in Aurora, TX in 1897. There was an alien pilot. He was burried in the cemetery. He had a headstone on his grave. This incident happened a few years before the airplane was invented. Around this same time, there were reports of cigar-shaped objects in the skies.

I believe this happened as well. It was just so far back with little media attention, and it probably wasn't until the last 1900's before people took this story seriously and started talking more about it.

15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Why would aliens let us keep their spacecraft??? They want us to extract technology and interstellar addresses from it? They want us to be able to fly to their home planet one day and nuke their planet from orbit?

Doesn't make sense.

16. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

It depends on what type of camera took the picture. if it was a medium format camera it would be easier to read something so small. large format would be even easier. since it does not use pixels it might even be easier to "let's enhance" the image.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The show relies HEAVILY on Chariots of the Gods.

Google that book and the first link after Wiki and Amazon is "Erich von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods?": Science or Charlatanism?"

That tells you a lot. A lot of his theories have been soundly debunked and the way he sensationalizes the simplest of historical findings around the world into proof of aliens is ridiculous.

None of that is to say that the basic premise that aliens visited our ancestors is invalid. Of course it is possible. But the evidence provided on that tv show and in that book is shaky.

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Roswell - plausibly weird.

Aurora - total horse manure.

19. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

What moves your assumptions?

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wow thats deep.