1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roster cuts next week

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 45souf, Aug 21, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I think they knew they were going to cut him already so instead of keeping him for another week they chose to use that spot for one of the harder decisions they will have to make. Especially because those players will get an extensive look this week during week 4 of preseason,

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't see the infatuation with Lemon. He's constantly dropping passes.

The thing I like the best about Lemon, is that in college, he was an Orange.

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Lemon is practice squad material, he might make the team next season or if injuries pop up but no way he makes the active roster with just potential at a time when they already have so many young WRs.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Texans MIA:

RB Arian Foster
    WR Alan Bonner
    WR DeVier Posey
    T Brennan Williams

NT Chris Jones
    OLB Trevardo Williams
    OLB Whitney Mercilus
    ILB Darryl Sharpton
    S Ed Reed

Have any of these players played in a preseason game yet?

#44 No Worries, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

jones and t Williams have.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sharpton has too, I believe. However, I think he broke a fingernail and will miss the rest of the season. :(

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Straw man logic. Nobody is infatuated with him; he's a solid WR that will make the practice squad.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah but now Lechler and Bullock have to kick on Thursday. They can keep an extra man because Antonio Smith is suspended. I would have kept him a couple more days and saved Lechler/Bullock's legs.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Eh, I don't think it's that big of a deal. A few punts/kickoffs/FGs isn't going to kill their legs before MNF in San Diego. They do more kicking in practice than in games anyway so if they really need the rest they'll just get a day off of practice.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He isnt a 50 year old. If he cant stay healthy...the Texans will find someone that will. He doesnt need additional rest...

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Has Sam Montgomery done anything this preseason worth noting?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Texans place 3 on IR: WR Alec Lemon, WR Mike Smith, NT David Hunter</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/statuses/372425065310089216">August 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Texans make three more moves placing DE David Hunter and receivers Mike Smith and Alec Lemon on IR.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/372425072310358016">August 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He ate a 56 oz. steak at Golden Coral.

16. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Turns out Hunter and Smith were waived/injured. That means they were put on the waiver wire. Once they clear waivers they will be put on IR. The Texans could then reach an injury settlement with them and release them or just leave them on IR for the season.

17. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

You and I have very different definitions of the word "solid"

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Really pulling for Willie Jefferson. SFA!

19. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I hope Willie Jefferson makes the squad, but I see him being IR'd. Sucks that Sam and t Williams get more of a nod because they were drafted. I wonder if Harris or Carmichael will get snipped.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think it's quite the opposite. I think Jefferson makes the 53-man roster while one of either Williams or Montgomery are going to become the IR stash. Every single member of that 53 man roster has to contribute, and it's painfully obvious that Jefferson is going to mean more to this team this season than either Travardo or Sam. If I had to guess right now, I would think Travardo also gets onto the 53 man, while Sam gets IR'd.