1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roster Cutdowns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BuckeyeRocketFan, Oct 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

http://www.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,4444499_54,00.html

Roster cutdowns have started. Anyone we can salvage that would be beneficial for the longterm or right now? Who would we cut to get them?

The names that stood out to me so far
    Cedric Ceballos
    Menk Batere
    Omar Cook
    Michael Ruffin
    Donny Marshall

Langhi and Brown are the only ones I can think to release unless we did a 2 for 1 trade prior.

Omar and Menk are the two that strike me as most intriguing, but let me also preface this by saying that I know very little about these players beyond what has been mentioned on this board and have never seen them play.

2. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

I don't think the Rockets are going to make any other moves but Ruffin is a heck of a player.(obviously the bulls did not think so)

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What's up with Omar Cook? He gets traded like 3 times before playing a single NBA game and then gets cut?

4. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Ask Issel :p

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I would sign Cook. He could be a really good back up for this team. He needs seasoning, so sitting on the bench behind Wink and Mooch would be really good for himself, even if he doesn't play with the Rockets.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I see where the Jazz cut Rusty LaRue. Wasn't he the guy that ESPN interviewing during the Rockets Rocky Mountain Review game against the Jazz in the summer?

I know it wasn't his fault but that guy really irritated me with his long drawn out answers to ESPN's questions while I tried to watch the game an a little 1" x 1" box on the lower portion of my big screen tv.

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd drop Tierre Brown for Cook ASAP. Unfortunately, I think Cook will go for a team where he'll be 2nd string, rather than 3rd string.

Menk, from what I hear, is just a big body. He's older and significantly less talented than Wang Zhi-Zhi or Yao Ming.

Donny Marshall is a scrub, you're probably thinking of Donyell Marshall.

Ceballos would have no place on the team. With Rice, Williams, and Morris and the times we use 3 guards, the 3 slot isn't of the biggest concerns.

Dropping Cook surprised me, especially after all they went through. Learning under Avery, Cook would've been perfect to replace NVE.