1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Root Sports Houston to make Rockets debut on Monday (11/17/2014)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OddsOn, Nov 11, 2014.

1. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

If they don't pick up the channel then it's officially a terrible product....Sorry it just is. Denying a local market of its sports teams and not even trying or having the intention to do so is dumb. For all the Dish customers who put up with that god bless you, cause I wouldn't. Enjoy your less expensive programming.

2. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

But remember it's less expensive.......What a joke. You get what you pay for. That sentiment rings true no matter what.

3. J Hard

J Hard Member

This is great news for everyone in Houston. Unfortunately for me, I just moved to San Antonio last month for my Fiancee. Sigh, I miss my Rockets, Spurs and Cowboy gear every wear. I wear my throwback Rockets jacket and Astros hat as much as possible.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I already read somewhere that there will be less local programming, so I'm not sure what they're going to show all day long. I'm just hoping they keep showing the Rockets replays at noon the day after so I can rewatch the 1st half during lunch like I usually do.

Calvin (Rockets) and Julia (Astros) are staying, as they are employed by the teams. The local pre and post game shows will have all new people. I wish they'd bring back Bill Doleman and Leila :(

5. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

NBA League Pass will get you the Rockets games. You are in a Spurs market so league pass Rockets games will come in.

6. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Leila Rahimi is nice too

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

So even guys who were here when it was FS Houston are gone like Eschenfelder, Bart Ennis??

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I just online chatted with a DirecTv rep. Since I live in North Carolina, I will not get RTSW for "free". I will need to get their Sports Pack. The rep also said that they do not do a-la-carte for individual sports channels. Thus, my Astros/Rockets addiction will cost me $13.99 per month.

9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

i read the first page.... some people have very poor reading comprehension skills. Just had to get that out

10. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Not True: The clerks at Directv don't know anything. Yes, you can get the channel and watch it with the Sports pack but the live professional games will be blacked out unless you have the NBA League Pass and MLB Extra Innings. You will only get access to other local events and pre and post game but not the actual game.

11. RCPM

RCPM Member

About time!

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

This. Do not buy that sports package, you will NOT get to see the games.

Purchase NBA League Pass through DirecTV. You aren't subject to black-out rules since you are in North Carolina. You can watch any game you want but only if you subscribe to league pass. I used to have Time Warner Sportsnet Los Angeles when I was living in Austin but as soon as the lakers games came on, the games would be blacked out. I needed to have NBA League Pass for that

Same applies for MLB Innings

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is right.

For instance...the Mavs games was on FSSW last night. I have FSSW, and I wanted to watch the Mavs get beat. The game was blacked out.

14. Scionxa

Agreed. Not sure how people misunderstood the fact that the Rockets are requesting a one time suspension of black-out rules.

1 person likes this.
  15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Guess I won't be watching Monday Night Football....

16. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Why in the world would they not broadcast the Sunday game on Root or keep CSN until then for it? (I don't have NBA TV) Too much trouble for us paying customers? Please tell me I'm wrong

17. Scionxa

I'm not sure I can answer your question, and I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong, but the game will be on NBATV without black-outs. That's included in most packages if I'm not mistaken.

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Steelers - Titans might be a crap fest anyway

19. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Thanks for the reply. NBA TV isn't included in my package... Seems like a pretty avoidable problem for them. I'm not an expert on money and forgetting about the fans though so I wouldn't really know.

20. Scionxa

That sucks man. Well luckily this is all coming to an end soon anyway. Maybe hit up a bar? Most bars will definitely have NBATV