1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Root Sports Houston to make Rockets debut on Monday (11/17/2014)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OddsOn, Nov 11, 2014.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Dish is much much cheaper brah

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Does anyone know if RSH can be added a la carte with DirecTv or do I need to pony up $13.99 every month for their Sports Pack?

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I know those of us with Comcast won't get any sympathy from everyone else, but R.I.P. CSN Houston, such a fantastic channel. I'm glad for my fellow Rockets fans, but sad for everyone who lost their jobs at CSN. I wish it could have worked out, but Comcast is the devil.

It's supposedly going to be added to all packages, so you shouldn't need their sports specific package added on to your account. I'll double check.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

screw those fans who couldn't get comcast, i want leila rahimi back on my tv for selfish reasons!

1 person likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More details trickling in on Root Sports transition. Formal name apparently will be Root Sports, with no Houston attached.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/532559163323187200">November 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Channel IDs on DirecTV and U-verse will be RTSW, as in Root Sports (Southwest region).</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/532559480924303360">November 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DirecTV also capitalizes the entire name, as in ROOT Sports. Unknow if we will capitalize the entire name or not.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/532559856968802305">November 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

6. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Being a die hard Rockets fan like myself. If I was in that situation, I would make a sacrifice by going to a cheaper channel package just to get the Rockets games in the comfort of my home, if it's ultimately about money. That's just me though. Then again I do spend too much money on TV. I have Directv and then ordered Comcast for one room in my house just to watch the Rockets games. Comcast was like $50 a month just for one DVR box for 6 months. When the season was over I would just cancel Comcast and wait until the next season and re-up. I figured paying $300 to watch Rockets games was worth it. Almost cheaper than taking a family of 4 to a game at TC with good seats and buying food and what not.

7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I have Comcast, what's Roots channel?

8. vegajf

vegajf Member

On Directv Root Sports SW is in *TEST mode in Datastream today
    CH 674

9. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what channel will Root Sports be on at ATT Uverse?

Thanks.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For everyone who keeps asking, no channel numbers have been announced yet for the new channel.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/532562423039795200">November 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

11. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

I'm guessing it will stay 639

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It should be the same channel CSN was (39 SD, 639 HD).

Hasn't been announced for U-Verse or DirecTV, I'm pretty sure it'll be announced by Friday.

13. SemisolidSnake

While, I'm glad that the majority of the city will be able to see the Rockets finally, I do hope that what you say doesn't turn out to be the case. The Rockets broadcasts have been some of the best I've ever seen; not just because the team is playing well, but because the commentary is fantastic. Is Calvin going to be back? I sure hope so. If they're smart, they should rebrand the channel and leave the Rockets' production exactly as it is now.

If it's going to be a complete change in how the network works, and not just a rebranding, it will indeed be unfortunate, since CSN really was a surprisingly excellent network.

14. cebu

cebu Member

Tears of joy...

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Dish has already said numerous times that they have no intention of carrying ROOT Sports. Maybe it changes in the future, but for the foreseeable future, no Rockets on Dish.

16. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, R.I.P. CSN. I hope you're not completely destroyed. Nonetheless, I think the blame should fall squarely on Jim Crane. We know he had the majority interest in CSN (out of Comcast, the Rockets, and the Astros), so he's the one that held up everything until the network just died on the vine. If ROOT sports turns to out to be a crappy vehicle for watching the Rockets, I'll still watch it, but I doubt I'll ever go to another Astros game while he's the owner. They'd better still have Calvin on Rockets' broadcasts.

17. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Dish is a joke. They drop, not pick up.
    They recently dropped CNN, TruTV and the rest of the Turner network channels.
    When I had dish, they dropped AMC right when the Walking Dead season was starting!

18. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Bring back Leila Remini!

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Say what you want about Comcast, but CSN on air product was TOP NOTCH. I doubt Root Sports can produce anything good enough to even lace Ho Chen's size 4 shoes.

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

So any staff changes??