1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ronnie Brewer Out Friday?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperBeeKay, May 2, 2008.

1. Asian Sensation

He does and it is. It's usually because he hits a lot of them in the 4th quarter when were down like 7 points with about 6 minutes or so to go and this is after we come back from like a 12 point deficit. Totally demoralizing.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What Im worried is not Korver, its the jazz keeping Harpring on Tmac even more.. Harprings really physical and I think Tmac isnt doing that well when hes being guarded by him.

So..

UTAH
    D Will------Alston
    Harpring -- TMac
    Ak47------ Battier
    Scola------ Boozer
    Okur------- Mutombo

thats how our starting matchups might look like... of course Ak47 and Harpring can interchange and guard Tmac

3. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Good trade, as much as I like Scola, but Boozer would be an upgrade. We will be unstoppable when Yao comes back. Sweet!

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

HAHA :D

5. GreatOne

GreatOne New Member

Hey guys. Jazz fan here, and I finally realized that I was validated.

There's a reason that Brewer starts over Korver and Miles. Brewer is incredibly athletic and he's pretty automatic when left wide open, which he is quite a bit. His defense and anticipation is to die for in comparison to both Korver and Miles. Brewer isn't exactly stagnant on offense either. He's always going to rim and making cuts to get layups (which he thrives on).

I've been reading your boards, and you can think of Korver as a more glorified Steve Novak.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He'll play. Maybe not that effective or not that long, but he'll play

7. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Any news on whether Brewer will be playing?

8. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

seriously, would the only black guy in utah play!

9. rocketslover

rocketslover Rookie

if yao was here we would of won this series already cause the jazz would have 5 people trying to guard the two rockets superstars which would leave many people open for shooting and yao is hard to guard especially when utal guys aren't that tall......

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

If Yao was here, we would not be playing the Jazz. Judging by how much quit the Nuggets had in them, we'd be awaiting the winner of the 4-5 matchup.

11. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

That's what gives me chill when I think about next season...

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

lol so true. i guarantee a first seed if both of our stars play around 70 games. we would have swept the nuggets by like 30 pts a game. never saw a team quit like that in the playoffs.

13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats just it ! No one seems to bring up the Rockets lose of Yao ! They just judge the Rockets on the team they have not seeing what they have done without Yao ! I think we need a full season of no injuries from yao and T-mac and one more scorer plus just tell Head to pack his bags and leave......Then we will see a Championship :)

14. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

i'm glad everyone would've rather had Brewer playing over Korver.