1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ronnie Brewer Out Friday?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperBeeKay, May 2, 2008.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

HAHA finally someone said it. Geez if Korver chases Tmac for more than 5 minutes in the game he isn't making crap. Freaking Korver requires playing NO DEFENSE to do crap on offense end, guy is complete trash if he has to guard Tmac for an extended period.

I'd LOVE for Korver to freaking cover Tmac for 20-25 minutes and we can all watch Tmac shoot 70% (yes the Tmac that has had only 1 50%+ shooting game since March). Korver is such a freaking clown.

2. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

He'll play.

But if he doesn't, good.

He's been killing the Rockets with his mid range jumper.

Where the hell did that come from?

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I LOL @ people that think Korver will be better for the Jazz than Ronnie Brewer. The 1 or 2 three pointers that Korver might hit will be much less significant than the all around contribution that Brewer would give the Jazz.

4. 1individual

1individual Member

Ronnie won't need to go fishing, cause he looks like one. His defense and his emotions are fish-like.

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Actually, whenever Korver makes a 3 pointer against us, it seems to be very morally deflating to the team for some reason...

6. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Too bad those Sloanisms don't lead to championships. :D

7. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

FYP :D.

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well If I was Adelman I'd rather have Brewer on the court than Korver because Korver is Korver, this kid can shoot

But If I was T-Mac I'd rather have Korver defending me than Brewer ( I think even with Brewer Tracy shouldn't have problems)

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sloan's overrated. This series show the whole world why. Most "experts" put the Jazz in 5 or 4. Well, over 50% of them are wrong now right now. Any "Elite" team that can't beat a team in 5 that is missing one of the best players in NBA will not win a championship. Teams like Boston or Spurs could've beaten us in 4 or 5. But Jazz.... Ever since alston came back, they only managed to beat us by 4 at home, and blown out on road..

10. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

If this is the regular season then I believe what the media said. But in the playoff sometimes it just a strategy that team pulls in the playoff just to catch you off guard.

11. blender

blender Member

If Brewer doesn't play, I could see Luther Head finally having a breakout game against the Jazz, and as a result, the board becomes flooded with "Gimme Head" threads.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Brewer kills us all over the place.. easy shots, steals, etc. I would rather take my chances on Korver.

13. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I'm sure Brewer will play, but if he doesn't then great. That is one less person to guard TMac or it will force them to go deeper into their bench. Either way their regulars are going to be playing more minutes, or their deep bench players will be on the floor. I don't see how that can be a negative toward the Rockets, especially when I hear (I didn't look this up, just saw it somewhere on here) that Brewer is shooting 60%....Give me Ashton, I mean Korver+Harpring/Miles over Brewer+Korver/Harpring any day of the week. But like I said...I think he's going to play.

Pugs

14. battousai

battousai Member

good news if he won't play, now Tmac is really going to score 40 pts.

That leaves only one other guard that can guard tmac, krover can't touch tmac.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No Brewer would be a big loss for the Jazz. That's one less defender to run at T-Mac. And it weakens their bench if Korver starts in his place.

16. Precision340

Precision340 Member

good.. i hope he sits out tonight :D

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Actually all the "experts" picked Utah in 6. It was posted in another thread.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

that is true but I am sure if you asked what all those same experts thought after the jazz won the first two I am sure most of them would say 4 or 5 games

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

There were a few who picked Utah in 5(especially on SI.com). Some said in 7. I don't think anyone picked the Rockets in the series however.

20. Nero

Nero Member

Ideally, Brewer plays, but is hobbled. Worse defense, and it keeps Ashton on the bench. Win/win for us.