1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's because Morey only knows analytics but Cuban cares about chemistry.

1 person likes this.
  2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

3. davesmall

davesmall Member

Rondo's never been much of a shooter, and he's always been moody and petulant. I was horrified over rumors that the Rockets were trying to get him from Boston earlier this season. He doesn't fit with a run and gun offense like the Mavs and Rockets. Defenders don't have to worry about his outside shot which makes it difficult for the Mavs to spread the floor.

Looks to me like Rondo's market value is plummeting much as did Alan Iverson's and Stephon Marbury's. He'll most likely sign with the Lakers where he'll be a downgrade after Jeremy Lin.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I can't wait to see Rondo get boo'd by the Mavs fans in game 3.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

According to Yahoo Sports, Rajon Rondo will not return to Dallas next season if Rick Carlisle is the head coach.

6. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I just logged on here to post something similar:

IF Rondo plays in game three, is there any chance he gets booed every time he touches the ball?

If so, would it be the first time it happened to a home team player?

If they go full Parsons in Houston every time he touches is, it's going to be fun to watch.

Then, if the series goes to Houston we need to CHEER every time Rondo touches the ball. Because... I think it'd be hilarious.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rondo on/off court for the Mavs:

[​IMG]

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Before Rajon Rondo trade, Mavericks were on pace for highest off. effic in NBA history. After trade, off. effic dropped by &gt; 9 pts/100 poss</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/590889065374814209">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He won't play for Carlisle, because Carlisle won't let him be in control. Rondo won't win that power struggle. Somebody else will still pay him though.

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Dude is a scrub now. He used to just be overrated as hell.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Mavs had Rondo on the bench in the 4th.when HOU blew the game open. So their woe is not just Rondo.

The Mavs defense is just terrible and Dirk cant move at all. You cannot just sit Dirk without losing quite a bit on offense so that is a dilemma.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I just don't see how the Mavericks can't suspend him. Maybe he'll be on the bench, but I doubt we see him on the floor again. As others have said, it's a shame, because they are so so bad with him on the floor. Barea sucks but he at least hustles, passes, drives and flops.

13. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I've been saying countless times how acquiring Rondo for any team was a bad idea. I knew he would be a downgrade for the Mavs. He is a horrid offensive player. He actually makes offenses worse due to his ball stopping, pathetic shooting/scoring abilities. Overrated defender as well. Overall, a net negative with his injuries.

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Rondo when he first got traded to Dallas-

[​IMG]

15. Nook

Nook Member

He isn't the same player he was for a number of reasons. The largest being that he simply isn't physically the same as he used to be.

16. Nook

Nook Member

So basically they are what a handful of posters thought they were when they signed Parsons. They lack a legitimate #1 option, and limited defensively and have a number of holes that very good coaching cannot cure.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Mavs have a lot of problems. Rondo does limit their efficiency on offense(aside from the 2nd quarter in Game 1), and Barea and even Felton have been better at running the team. The problem is if you bench Rondo and go with either of those two players, you're left with an even worse defense which the Rockets have easily exploited. At this point, the Mavs' only defensive strategy seems to be drawing offensive fouls by flopping.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well what hurt them is that they gave up a lot of depth for Rondo. Brandon Wright was a devastating finisher in their PnR offense. Devastating.

So the problem isn't just that Rondo is bad, it's that the Mavs gave up guys who were actually productive in limited minutes as well. Negative all around.

But, none of that changes the fact that when the Rockets run their offense through their bigs, the Mavericks are getting killed. Forcing Dirk and Chandler to defend a pick and roll against Josh and Dwight is a devastating offensive set. Dirk can't defend the PnR to begin with, but he's also too slow and soft to deal with either guy which forces to Chandler to figure pick his poison. It's beautiful.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

this is reminiscent of the 2005 series when Keith Van Horn got hurt. Van Horn started for the Mavs but T-mac was destroying him. I forgot who replaced Van Horn but that guy was a lot more productive for the Mavs.

In this case, Barrea is a better player than Rondo. It improves the Mavs. Would rather have Rondo on the floor.

20. frontline94

frontline94 Member

i find it funny that this forum gives rick the praise and respect he deserves (rightfully so, he's a pretty darn good coach), but the mavs forum bash on him like he's derek fisher coaching them