1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There's a late night Connect Four tournament going on somewhere in Houston we don't know about.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Uh no. This is way worse than that. This was during the playoffs and with an obvious intention to be a detriment to the team. Rondo is actually a cancer.

It's funny how a lot of Morey haters were bashing him for not going after this guy. LOL.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Carlisle might just quit after the season. He seemed fed up postgame.

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Rondo 2015 != Maxwell 1995

Before anyone makes the comparison...

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both were questionable character guys..... We had that Atlanta Celtics Dwight friend going on.....

That Helped and Harden helped as well in terms of winning

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Half-cancer, half-amazing?

Meh, who cares, WE WON! Woot!

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. Rondo never won crap for Dallas.

8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. TheresTheDagger

ESPN Dallas radio just called Rondo "garbage".

This guy just lost his teams fans.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've ranted about Rondo for several years that he was psycho and the Rockets shouldn't trade for him. The only reason he succeeded in Boston was because Doc, KG, PP and Ray Allen all have very strong personalities and they could keep him in line (enough). He still had postgame blowups and tantrums and clashed with Doc so much they tried to trade him.

That all said, I cannot believe what Rondo did in game 2. Even if he doesn't care about winning this series, killing his market value this summer makes no sense at all. I didn't think Carlisle would play him in the 2nd half. Now after watching Rondo sit on the floor away from teammates and bolt the locker room, there is a good chance that was his last game as a Maverick.

Couldn't happen to a better team. :)

I bet Rondo signs an opt-out contract with some team and tries to redeem himself next season so he can break the bank in 2016.

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

He's never a cancer when he's playing solid defense on the other side. People always give Ariza the excuse that poor offense is acceptable as long as he's making up defensively and I think Smith does the exact same

Let's quit calling this dude a cancer. That sequence in the 2nd half was one of the best few minutes of NBA basketball I've ever watched and it was led by Josh. He and Dwight did a better impression of lob city than Chris Paul to Deandre

13. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Is this a Rondo appreciation thread?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Rondo was halfway decent in Game 1 when Dwight had foul trouble and wasn't in the game much. Now Rondo has a full-on meltdown this game.

Dude has obviously gone through early checkout; thing is, even if the Lakers do sign him, he's cost himself beaucoup bucks on his next contract.

15. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

He was never a fit for Dallas tbh.

Hope he goes the Knicks, maybe Phil can get to him and make him work with Fish.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Who foresaw Rondo completely turning b**** like that? I mean, it's hilarious, obviously, because Dallas. But that was sad, man. That was an insult to his teammates. You don't like the coach, so you **** on your own reputation?

I was intrigued by the idea of getting Rondo, because I thought he had talent, and you need talent to win. That gamble blew up in cuban's face.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Rondo always has attitude problem. I don't understand why so many people wanted him, even willing to give up some great assets.

The Mavs made two fatal mistakes this season: (1) Signing Parsons to the max and (2) giving up valuable assets to get Rondo.

This is going to set them back a couple of years at least.

18. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Didn't cuban bash morey earlier in the year regarding how he doesn't care about chemistry and he just throws teams together ?

How'd that work out for him?

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Let's wait a little. Remember when Kirilenko seemed to be done with Utah the first series against us. Still torched us that Game 7. We should just hold back on writing anyone off until the series over. Things are looking good though!

20. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Rondo 2015 !== Maxwell 1995 (compare the type too) lol