1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Attitude and ego issues aside, it doesn't make basketball sense to bring him here either. He can't shoot.. at all. We are literally playing 4v5 if we had him. People still don't understand that and like to blurt out bad fit, bad fit. No. If he were prime Rondo he would be able to overcome his shooting deficiency, but not douchebag post-ACL Rondo.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Remember Dwight smiling as a Laker in the first round?

That picture with Duncan going by

Lmao

He sure was not quitting but it looked hilarious, his beef with Kirby and him not wanting to be a Laker.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh I got it mixed up, it might be Duncan smiling!

Beating those Lakers

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

a) Rondo has always been a douchebag.
    b) Don't blame the ACL, this is the player he's always been. Only difference is he's no longer playing alongside one of the best Big Threes the game has ever seen.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Greatest Rondo-Rockets GIF?

[​IMG]

I expect more of the same...

7. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Why are people not fully bashing Rondo for this? I'm 100% sure if this was Josh Smith, the Rockets, Morey and McHale would be crucified!!!

8. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

No one had crucified Morey the last time when Royce White imploded. **** happens. Only Cuban's war against Morey has made the story funny to the media and the fans.

As a fan who happens to be on the right side, I'm really enjoying it.

9. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Not comparable at all, Rondo was brought in like he was their saviour and people seriously bought the story that the Rockets really wanted him. Had that been Morey, people would ridicule him like crazy right now and Rondo even more for choosing Houston etc.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

At least with Smith, it was low risk, high reward. Aside from a prorated $2 million deal(and waiving Tarik Black), they weren't really giving up anything for the Josh Smith experiment. Had it failed miserably, Morey would've had some egg on his face, but no one who was being objective could've faulted him for at least giving it a shot.

Rondo on the other hand has been an unmitigated disaster for Dallas. They were one of the best(if not THE best) offensive teams in the league before his arrival. They had some quality depth with guys like Crowder and Wright. Now all of that is gone after that trade and to add insult to injury, Rondo just quit on the team, will bolt this summer, and the Mavs will have literally nothing to show for it.

I don't necessarily blame Cuban for rolling the dice. It's not like the Mavs were gonna win a title as they were constructed at the beginning of the season. They were at best a second round team. But it was a gamble that blew up in their faces.

11. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

you spelled Lin and McHale wrong. oh wait

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me how he quit? I know everyone is saying that. Is it because he committed the 8 sec violation, two personal fouls, and technical foul prior to being yanked? I don't understand if the 8 sec violation was a brain fart or intentional. If intentional, then we can say he quit there. Then, it seemed he was trying to be overly aggressive guarding Harden there...like he was frustrated or he was trying to apply pressure to frustrate Harden by indicating he wasn't going to be soft on him. I didn't see when he got T-ed up. Is it implied that since all that occurred in less than a minute at the start of the 3rd period...that he did it because he quit on the team? I understand Carlisle yanked him and never put him back in the game. But, wouldn't he have gone back in if asked to do so? I guess I'm trying to understand if he quit or he just was frustrated while sucking?

13. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Maybe Rondo didn't quit. Maybe Carlisle quit on him. The 8 second violation looked like it could have been an honest mistake, such as some of his fouls, from him being disinterested in Carlisle's power struggle. But he did look like he was trying to play Harden tight without being overly aggressive. To be honest I didn't agree with some of the calls when he was on Harden, I thought the refs could have let them play eachother like this was a playoff game but I guess I was wrong.

14. count_dough-ku

He didn't look like he wanted to be out there at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. In fact, he looked like he was trying to get yanked from the game or even thrown out by the refs. Both fouls on Harden were intentional and stupid. And he wanted that tech. He shoved Harden with the ref standing about 3 feet away.

I don't know what led to that. Maybe something was said in the first half or at halftime. Maybe he reached the breaking point after a half-season of frustration. But what's odd is that he played ok in Game 1(he helped lead the Mavs back in the 2nd quarter).

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

And then after the game he walked out without saying a word to the coach or teammates. My guess is he made it pretty clear to RC and whoever else would listen that he didn't want to be there after all that. This wasn't just the product of the last 2 games...this has been building for a while now.

16. count_dough-ku

I agree. It just seems odd though that he'd play ok in Game 1 and then have this meltdown. Especially given how his behavior likely cost him tens of millions of dollars. Even if the Mavs got swept, he would've gotten paid this summer if he at least went out there and competed. 3 more individual performances like Game 1 and he would've been set. Just a bizarre turn of events.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder what NBA players' opinion of Rondo is nowadays.

18. yo

yo Contributing Member

So "indefinitely" means next game. Got it. LOL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Rick Carlisle said he expects Rondo to play tonight in Game 3. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mavs?src=hash">#Mavs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/591618393603645440">April 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Was listening to someone's name while composing a tweet. I blame lack of coffee this morning... Woke everyone up though!!</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/591621399233441794">April 24, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>