1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo a Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wadero, Dec 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

3 notes I take from this:
    1) Dallas have an unreal starting 5 and no bench. They definitely got better and are contenders now if they weren't before
    2) I'm not mad we didn't get him, but if Morey was actually trying to get him how were we not able to beat the Mavs' offer? NOP pick??
    3) Brandan Wright is a stud and he has now become my top preference for our TPE. Do the Celts wanna keep him?

2. s.b713

s.b713 Member

we could've easily beat Dallas offer IF Morey wanted to, I'm sure he's thinking Dragic. I just hope it happens

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Brandon Wright could actually be really good for the Celtics. He's having a ridiculously good year and their frontcourt isn't anything special.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

just wait till we get Dragic!

5. conquistador#11

if morley wanted rondo, we would have gotten rondo and some pies.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol they gave up trash for Rondo. Hope he bolts on em at least.

7. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Dodged a bullet!

8. wise_man

wise_man Member

The only thing that's keeping me sane right now is my 8 days old beautiful baby girl..... Can't imagine Dallas got so much better this year, while morey keeps waiting and hardeen playing 40 minutes a game.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Everybody calm down....... I wanted Rondo more than anyone in the offseason and then I saw what our team could do without him. I'm not even worried one bit about Dallas.... Same story as when they got Parsons...... Everyone was proclaiming them champs and so far they have been meh...... Lets stay loyal to PatBev.......

10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is probably not a majority opinion but I think the Mavs got worse. They now have worse depth then the Rox do. If the Mavs make no more deals, their team as is isn't still a contender over here in the west. I like Rondo as a player but I don't think he made Dallas a better team through this trade.

11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

You guys call yourself fans?

No faith whatsoever in our team and organization.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It really looks like this may put them over the top..... Hate that it is Dallas...

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

damn we got some fickle fans on this board

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

How to beat the Mavs:
    Leave Rondo wide open and help on other Mavericks using Rondo's man, worse case scenario hack-a-Rondo.
    Guard Dirk. This is the most important part.
    Force Chandler to playmake. Guy is worthless when he's forced to actually create his own shot.

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I love all of the overreaction.

Dallas got better? How do we know?

Rondo has to have the ball in his hands to be of any use. So now Dirk, Ellis and Parsons are going to be spot up shooters?

Now you can double Dirk or Ellis if either gets a hot hand.

You can prevent Dwight getting intentionally fouled in the last couple of minutes by not giving him the ball. Rondo is the point guard so he's going to have the ball and he's fair game to foul.

Who picks up Wrights minutes for Dallas? Parsons at the 4? Who's the backup center? Greg Smith?

Now the Dallas has made this deal they're going to have to give Rondo a max deal at the end of the season. $105M over 5 years for Rondo? No thanks.

This reminds me of the reactions last year when we traded Asik to the Pelicans. A lot of replies about how it would be impossible to score at the basket vs the Pelicans because of Davis and Asik. Now 20 some games into the season the Pelicans are the 4th worst interior defense in the league.

There's more to a successful roster than simply putting together players with good stats. The players have to have talents that complement each others strenghs and weaknesses.

2 people like this.
  16. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

I just hope Morey isn't thinking that this is the team for contention. I love this team but we are flawed in more than one area.

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Right. I don't think Rondo is going to take that squad a championship contender like people think he is.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

2012-13 lakers

except not as good

19. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

This. And WHENEVER Beverley takes a break on the bench, we put Johnson or Daniels in to hack-a-Rondo. Canaan doesn't get in the game until both Johnson and Daniels foul out.

20. jerrios

jerrios Member

Cuban took the Morey bait really on this one.

Dallas is the #1 offensive team in the NBA, did they really need a point guard to create offense for the other players on the team?

Rondo is extremely ball dominant, similar to Ellis. Ellis at the end of the day is looking for a big contract and I don't think Rondo helps him with that.

Who is Dallas' front line now that Wright is gone?