1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ronald on now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Great interview, and well said. Some people just don't understand what it is to be a teammate, injured or not.

2. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

wow that was hilarious! the vitamin part was perfect.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I do think people are blowing his comments out of proportion, but to me it's also a little bit of what Carmichael Dave said. The manner in which he talked was disappointing to me. It sounded like he was one of those ex-players like Mashburn or Jalen Rose that's now doing (poor) commentating for ESPN. Or as another example, Piazza and Leiter when they used to be on the Mets would often show up as guests during the World Series or ASG to provide commentary. In none of those situations was the player still associated to his team somehow. The sad part is that to me it doesn't even sound like Tracy has a hunger to return to the game anymore. He really might be done.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Correction: In none of those situations was the player's team still in contention for a championship.

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Well said and I thought it was just goofing around but you have to agree the part your co-host said about his eye being crooked is not funny. The basketball things are all true and could be seen as funny but I just thought it went a little overboard. It is indeed disrespectful of Tracy to just take his $20 million and not get in good shape and leaving his team out to dry. I do not want to see Tracy in a Rockets uniform ever again, was just stating it's a bit excessive regardless of how you feel about Tracy's comments.

6. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

First of all I have already lost all respect for Tmac. What bothers me most about Mclady's comments is the fact that he didn't even mention the Rockets when it came to who's winning it all. He didn't even mention us!!! He's not a Rocket, he never was! F*U*C*K McLady!

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

This is a perfect display of Tracy's loser attitude. If he is like this in the locker room then no wonder there are issues.

8. fallingwaters

fallingwaters Member

lol...i want to see Yao with the von-hawk also..! great interview...thanks!!

9. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

So how does the milk taste from Stacy's teet?

10. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I'm listening to it now and even though I'm one of T-Mac's biggest fans, he doesn't deserve to play with hardworking NBA players. Everything they went over was true and it's a shame.

T-Mac has agendas. He's a loser. I'm with him wherever he goes, though. I'll follow him, his games, his highlights (if any).

Let's face it: Tracy McGrady would be happier if he could play on a team like the Timberwolves and score 30 ppg and not make the playoffs. He wouldn't have pressure and his interviews could go something like this...

T-Mac: no help. scoring title+espn highlights shows i am not at fault.

T-Mac...got owned by carmichael dave. Loved it.

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

So wait, the guy basically said T-Mac was being a dumbass and he doenst want to see him in a Rockets uniform and you come up with this??

Its rude to make fun of a person's handicap. Go back to grade school with that crap. I thought it was a bit distasteful. The 2nd round knocking bit was pretty funny, but dont go to something that the person has no control over and was born with. Maybe you were fortunate to be born without any physical deficiencies but is it really that hard to know where the lines should be drawn??

And no, I dont have any physical disabilities so I don't know what its like to deal with it either. But I was taught from a very young age that you just dont go there.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Great inside stuff, CD, thanks.

As for all the TMAC derailing... cmon' do you really care THAT much?

Was it the wrong thing to say or the wrong way to say it? Yes.

But...

what did you expect? Tmac has an ego, and has NEVER been good with PR and wording things or saying things the way he should. So between insecurities about the team making it further without him than they have with him, and his normal lack of ability to know/care how his comments are interpreted, there is just nothing noteworthy about it... and that's ignoring his questionable future here or anywhere else in the NBA.

Regardless how you feel about the guy, is it REALLY that shocking?

(I have to agree about the lazy eye shots though, bit outta line)

13. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Tell me, what physical disability does Tracy have again, besides the ability to work through pain.

As far as I know, his face just looks like that because he got slapped with an ugly stick while in the womb.

So what "physical disability" does the man have for CD and the boys to make fun of, nothing!

You obviously dont listen to the mans show that often, its a racy show where this kind of things go on. IDK, I guess you have to have a Ron Artest tough skinned approach to listen to it regularly and not be offended by some of the jokes.

Obviously some of us here just have the TracyMcLazy pansy approach.

14. BucMan55

You know exactly what I was referring to because CD said it himself. Its not a major disability like missing a limb, or cerebral palsy but its still something that is out of his control. And its just distasteful at best. Still, you are correct that I dont listen to the show all that often. I thought from the hour that I heard it was pretty cool save the bit about T-Mac's eye.

But once again, the guy you accused of being a T-Mac baby simply thought that comment was a bit out of line. He had zero problems with the basketball side of what they were laying on McGrady. Yet you chose just because he thought it was a bit too much that you needed to come with that lame attack on his person.

Gotta love the internet tough guy.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've been saying this for a while. Tracy loves being the main guy on a bad team because he can get his stats and hang the blame on others. Put some expecations on him or ask him to do something he isn't comfortable with for the sake of the team and he crumbles.

He may not be the obvious disruption that guys like Iverson or Carmello Anthony can be but he is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the NBA. He's a loser.

16. carmichael dave

I guess if you take the show too seriously, you would be offended. In that case, my show is not for you.

I regularly make fun of pretty much anyone and anything, myself first and foremost. I am an ugly, ugly man. That's why I'm on radio. But I am also an equal-opportunity goofball.

Tracy McGrady has a lazy eye. We've all seen it. Do I care? No. Will I make a throwaway comment on a sports program that is infused with humor on a regular basis? Absolutely.

If I was breaking down the series on ESPN, no....I would not say anything like that.

But you must understand the context of my program. This is not your "TWO GUYS TRYING TO SOUND SMART BREAK DOWN SPORTS BY YELLING FOR THREE HOURS" typical show.

We are young, late night, and goofy. There have already been 21 hours of sports programming before my show comes on, and I do something different. That's why you get guys like Artest coming on and talking about his velvet underwear, or watching Blue's Clues.

Tell you what. I have a giant nose. Seriously, its frickin huge. Let's make a deal: How about you give me a job playing a fun game. Pay me 20 million dollars a year to do it, thus making my wife, kids, and kids' kids set for life. Then you can go get 100 billboards in downtown Houston and Sacramento making fun of my gigantic nose.

I promise, I will try not to be offended while sitting in my pool or driving around in my 3rd Maybach.

Point is, lighten up. Have fun. These are blessed millionaires we talk about, all while we struggle to make house payments and save for college tuition. Does that give us the right to be blatantly disrespectful? Does that mean that the athlete belongs to the public? Absolutely not.

I do however think it gives us the right to talk a bunch of stuff, and for them to get offended.....well.....let's just say I wont be staying up nights feeling bad.

17. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Was just listening to your show, great interview with RonRon. Lov'd the "Stacey" throw in.

18. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Hey, dont sale me short, im an all around tough guy! ;)

It was a joke, so was what I was saying, calm yourself.

CD said it himself, his show is based on humor, whether you find ones humor amusing youself is strictly your disgression.

So lets leave it at that.

19. BucMan55

Ah, gotcha. But the point still remains you took major offense to a guy who took a little offense to the stuff that T-Mac cant help. Who knows, he has had it all his life and probably doesn't even phase him anymore. My point was why does taking offense(even if just a little) make the guy a T-Mac baby when the rest of his post agreed with the main sentiment that he was an idiot for what he said??

And as for making a joke, thats where the internet is troublesome. Without some contextual clues such as a :p or :D you cant tell when someone is joking. Unless you have a pretty good idea of their history of doing so. So to me it came off as malicious. You have always seemed to be anti-McGrady so a clue to the joke would have made a world of difference. Perhaps to the guy you quoted it didnt. Which I guess is all that matters.

Hey Dave, I still think its a great show, and with more chances to listen might better understand the format. I really loved that Cookie Monster Red Riding Hood bit. Too bad that didnt make the podcast. My son was really laughing over the Artest vitamins bit.

20. carmichael dave

LOL. And that was me making fun of poor Deke's voice problem....