1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Paul Responds to TSA: Introduces 'American Traveler Dignity Act'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rtsy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

More epic stupidity. TSA shuts down Love Field over a science project.

Note that this was found AFTER the plane landed.

2. rhadamanthus

Anyone who thinks this **** makes you safer is an idiot.

Video with an interview with a TSA worker.

3. rhadamanthus

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Paranoia strikes deep
    Into your heart it will creep
    It start's when you're always afraid
    Step out of line
    The TSA will carry you away

5. Hightop

Hightop Member

6. Rumblemintz

Rumblemintz Member

TSA is now riding undercover on Houston's buses and performing bag searches, pat downs, etc at Metro Bus stops and other transit points. Sheila J. Lee's big brained idea.

Sooo....approx 9,000 'check' points across the US and John Q Citizen subject to bag searches and interrogation as to why they are riding the bus, where they are going, etc. The police have to have probable cause to pull you over to ask that. TSA has carte blanche.

This is absolutely gone nuts. I shouldn't even be typing this.

I LOVE TSA :)

7. Hightop

Hightop Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rs6TInhxD1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Hightop

Hightop Member

We need more government. Tax me!

http://www.ridemetro.org/News/Releases/2012/04132012.aspx

METRO ROLLS OUT BICYCLES AND BUS RACKS FOR 2012 HOUSTON BIKE TO WORK DAY

April 13, 2012

Patrons riding METRO on Friday, April 13, or any given day, may be sitting next to an undercover MPD officer.

The move to monitor and curtail crime on buses and trains is just one component of a much larger initiative called BusSafe - a national pilot program created by a peer advisory group of mass transit police chiefs and security directors, and one which METRO’s Police Department is adopting to enhance safety on the system.

MPD, Houston Police Department officers and Harris County Precinct 7 Deputy Constables will take part in a synchronized, counter-terrorism exercise on Friday, April 13, focusing on bus routes, bus stops and shelters, and Transit Centers in high traffic areas. The participating agencies will: ride buses, perform random bag checks, and conduct K-9 sweeps, as well as place uniformed and plainclothes officers at Transit Centers and rail platforms to detect, prevent and address latent criminal activity or behavior.

While local law enforcement agencies focus on overall safety measures noted above, representatives with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will also be on hand, lending their counter-terrorism expertise and support during the exercise.

WHO: Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee; METRO President & CEO
    George Greanias; METRO Police Chief Victor Rodriguez;
    Director of Surface Transportation Security at TSA Doyle Raines;
    Harris County Precinct 7 Constable May Walker
    WHEN: 3:30 p.m.
    WHERE: Wheeler Transit Center, 4500 Main (Main at Wheeler)

“We have one of the safest transit systems in the world in Houston,” said METRO Police Chief Victor Rodriguez. “One way we are able to keep it that way is through the use of deterrents such as uniformed and plainclothes officers patrolling our system and aggressively addressing suspicious and criminal activity.”

METRO Police encourage patrons, employees and the general public, if they see suspicious activity, objects or behavior, to say something by reporting it immediately by calling METRO Police at 713-224-COPS (2677), or dial #MPD, a free call from most cell phones.

9. rhadamanthus

I would like to see exactly where it is codified that the TSA has the authority to randomly search my bag on a bus.

10. Rumblemintz

Rumblemintz Member

Since when has our buses been overrun with terrorists threatening National Security? I'm guessing some intel agency got word that it was possible (duh..) and so the US blows millions if not billions on the whim that 'something' might happen??

Who's getting rich off this Industry? I want stock.

Total soviet era police state cr@p going on here.

11. rhadamanthus

As somebody who rides the bus daily I have contacted el r****do Sheila Jackson Lee and am now working on establishing a carpool. I won't be a part of this.

12. Classic

Classic Member

vote obama '12

Change!

13. rhadamanthus

Yeah. I'm sure Romney is all about rolling back the police state. :rolleyes:

14. Rumblemintz

Rumblemintz Member

If he were he'd be running on it and be hammering the theme home. So it's clear to me both parties have a common interest in creating or building up this industry and possibly both seek to create this type of social environment.

15. rhadamanthus

Of course they do. That was my point. Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to.

16. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITZ ONLY NOBAMA HUSEENS!!!!!!! HE IS SOCIALIZMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIARRHEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Classic

Classic Member

Agreed.

18. Hightop

Hightop Member

This thread shows what big-government running your life is all about.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think the TSA on buses is excessive, in a country like Israel where bus bombings are more frequent- it might make sense, but not really here. Besides, if terrorists wanted to cause havoc in this country they probably wouldn't attack public transport, they'd be more effective (and it be easier) to attack our oil refineries.

I wouldn't mind a few cops on the subway though, there can be some crazy stuff at night on the train, and not all stations have the MTA official there.

20. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

Honestly, where have I heard of this before?

ohh right. 1930's era SA and SS, Gestapo.