1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ron artest to play for greek powerhouse???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chinesekid123, Jun 8, 2009.

1. cyberx

cyberx Member

Both of those teams have money to pay for free agents i'm sure. Panathinaikos was actually the euroleague and greece champion this year so they have a good team already. I dunno if Artest could handle a greek crowd though. Matches get stopped all the time for 20-30 minutes because people throw too much stuff into the court including small flares that have burned players before. When shooting free throws they shoot lasers close to their eyes to distract them.

2. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

futbol is not a lame sport man.. It is the number 1 sport in the world and will stay that way till probably the end of time. Basketball still has a long way

3. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

the threat of wafer leaving shouldnt cause any worry. yes he's a nice spark off the bench, but that's easily replaceable. no worries if he's gone.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

"Soccer" is the ish man. Get with the program.

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I'd like to have wafer back.. but i wont be upset if he doesn't, i think people here are over valuing him. one thing thou is i love his emotions when he scores... something we dont see enough by are Houston players at times. i know there trying to be respectful but a little now and then shouldn't hurt

6. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

#1 in the world.. and not to disrespect anyone but.. its prob the cheapest to set up and play all u need is a ball and couple of beer cans.... there for more people play it and try to become pros and follow it n such. wonder why its not so popular in America?

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

More like the dollar is going into the crapper with all the money the Fed is printing.

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

BTW who is the Ron Ron of Europe?

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Give it a rest, Ron. Who do you think you're fooling with that "Chinesekid123" name? We love you and you're staying put. End of discussion.

P.S. Next year: less dribbling, more passing.

10. Chamillionaire

let wafer go, i'm sure there are tons of players with his skillset. he isn't exactly jr smith either.

11. Egghead

Egghead Member

Artest said the rumors were BS and also found some other intresting stuff on Artest

Ron Artest Is Smarter Than Most Athletes, Hires A Driver When He Drinks
    June 15, 2009 – 11:20 am by Jimmy Shapiro

Every person I am friends with has driven drunk at least once in our twenties. I am no different. I’m not proud to write it, but it’s true and also naive to think otherwise. Unlike many of my friends, I was lucky enough never to have received a DUI. It changes your life forever and not in a good way. I did have to blow into a breathalyzer once, but I wasn’t even drinking that night. Fortunately for everyone else on the road, no one I know got into an accident while drinking and driving.

Now that I’m well into my thirties and have a wife and daughter, I don’t put myself into those situations anymore. But drinking and driving isn’t going to stop anytime soon. I just saw the movie “Hangover” over the weekend (as an aside, I loved it) and heard the character Phil say a line that me and my buddies used to say frequently: “I’m a better driver when I’m drunk” or something close to it.

DUI’s happen to every class. From your white trash guy, to your rich spoiled kid, to your everyday female bank teller. And they happen to athletes too. Charles Barkley, Michael Phelps, Tony LaRussa, Carmelo Anthony, and the list goes on and on. Sometimes, as in the cases of Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth, their drunk driving can prove to be fatal. I never understood why many of these rich athletes don’t hire drivers. It’s not like they can’t afford it. Me and my buddies all wised up and when it was time for our bachelor parties, we either got limos or one of those short buses for hire that you can get stupid drunk in.

When we think of smart athletes, Ron Artest rarely comes to mind, but after listening to this interview on KHTK in Sacramento I actually think he sort of gets it. He talks about partying, but partying safe. He broaches many other topics in this interview as he’s great friends with the host Carmichael Dave, but the one comment definitely caught my eye or should I say ear.

On partying a little bit during the offseason:

“You know, it’s funny. I was partying the other day and I had a limo, you know, I’m 29 so I can drink a little bit. So I was feeling good and tipsy and they pulled us over, and I’m not driving, and the cop says, “Have you guys been drinking?” And I said, “Yeah. Quite a lot of drinks officer, I’m not driving, why are you asking me that? My driver’s not drunk.” He’s asking me, “Hey, have you been drinking?” “Uh, I’m afraid so buddy.”

On the rumor that he’d be open to playing in Greece:

“Ummm, I read that too somewhere. I read that and they said “Ron Artest is open to playing in Greece.” And I said, “Oh, for real? Let me speak to them.”

12. Egghead

Egghead Member

o ya heres the link http://sportsradiointerviews.com/20...-most-athletes-hires-a-driver-when-he-drinks/

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

nice find.