1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest, on playing against the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

exactly. more than Tmac

next

2. hoyarocketsfan

Booing Artest for "leaving" houston is just ignorant sports fan behavior.

We barely made him an offer. He got FIVE years in LA. We offered one, did we not? Boo the guy for going to the former champs for more money and more years... really? His one year in Houston means he has to stay here for the rest of his career no matter how much we pay him or other teams offer him?

I think there are some Shanghai Sharks executives in China who would love to get on that logic train.

3. 2rings

2rings Member

We should all go down to floor of the TC and shake his hand. If he re-upped with the Rox we wouldn't have Ariza. Better production now and a lot more upside. Thank you Ron Ron from the bottom of my heart.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

ya save your boos for kobe

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

just heard an ESPN radio report out here with Ron Artest saying he isn't going to take it too personally, it's not about Ron vs. Rockets, or Trevor vs. Lakers, or Ron vs. Trevor, it's going to be a dogfight with the Rockets and Lakers in which Ron proclaimed, "We just got to win this game"

Phil had nothing but positive things to say about our team, coach, and offensive style.

Kobe said that if he can't muster up the energy for tomorrow, they could be in trouble!

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I hope all the Artest deriders have this reaction. In his own way Artest did the best he could for the Rox. He can't help being bat**** crazy. Its like taking what a severely autistic child did against him-he can't help it.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

He wanted to reup with us, DM was the one who spurned him with a one year offer....

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I don't know if I believe that. He's been wanting to go to L.A since he was with the Sac Kings. Didn't he even approach Kobe while he was showering and told him that he wants to help him win a championship?

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

im still gonna cheer for him because his internet blogs are funny, and his michael jackson tribute song was even funnier!!! :D dudes a cool guy off the basketball court too! he is nothing like his reputation on the b ball court at all!

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

plus he helped us get out of the first round of the play-offs! the first time in nearly a decade!

11. dianap07

dianap07 Member

I like Ron. He's funny and he brought intensity out on the court. No way you can compare him to Hakeem. He wasnt around long enough to hold much sentimental value. ok ok ok, i won't boo when they announce his name. Can i at least boo him when the game begins? :)

12. lz56

lz56 Member

how can you boo a guy who sent rockets to second round of playoff. that is wrong, very wrong.

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Indifferent...he came in and did his role last year, and helped us out of the 1st round..but I'm not gonna cheer on the guy because he was only a Rocket for 1 year

14. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

WHY in the hell would you booo him???

he busted his ass for us and gave us toughness when he was here.

he just wanted the best chance to win.

15. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

All I can say is, however you feel, that dude was entertaining as hell during the Lakers series and the playoffs.

Talking about somebody getting stabbed on a basketball court, "past-history profiling" on Joey Crawford, having a beer in the stands, one of the most memorable playoff runs just because we haven't had a run in 10+years.

Looking forward to the game, hope Bud Light feels better.