1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest, on playing against the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Nov 3, 2009.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

How ironic would it be if one of the Rockets took a cheap shot at Fisher and Artest stepped in and got in that player's face?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah that's what I remember him saying. He took off the glove first so why cheer for him? I say just watch him and enjoy the game. If he causes problems, then BOO him.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Ron did his job for the Houston Rockets and made us very competitive with Tmac being out. Dude is straight crazy to the 9th power.

No boos, give the man his due credit for a good season with the Rockets.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

not to nitpick, well I am, Rodman did get 2 rings with Detroit before he went to San Antonio :)

I'm going to be late tomorrow to the game since I'm getting out of work right at 7:30pm, if I was going to be on time, I'd give him a standing ovation, but when the game starts, he'd be booed. I gave Rafer a standing ovation when he came back with Orlando last year towards the end of the season. Ron was only here for one year, but it was a hell of a good year, same goes if Wafer signed on another NBA team. Its more giving respect for the player for what they did to make you proud to be a fan during their tenure here.

5. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

I don't see any reason to boo him. Ok he left for the lakers. big whoop. Its not like he went to the Jazz.

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

He was a huge part of our sucess last year wheather your like it or not, I think Ariza and the Rockets just go out there and handle business will mean more then fans booing.

7. HAKEEM4EVER

HAKEEM4EVER Member

After watching that interview it makes you want to cheer for him. I think we'll hear it a little bit of both but probably a bit more boos because it's the Lakers. If we were 0-3 i think it would be a resounding amount of boos. LOL

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Errr... not really, sir...

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Both suck, but the Lakers are second only to the Yankees as the icon of everything that is wrong with pro sports.

Besides, anytime someone leaves you in free agency, you boo them. It's a rule of thumb in sports. I'd boo the hell out of him.

10. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I think we should stay classy and not be stoop down to the level of Utah and Laker fans.

I remember when everyone on here was complaining how Lakers fans are so classless and rude...well we are better then that. What matter is that we win the rest speaks for itself

11. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Even Dream?..

I get what you saying. i say boo a guy when he deserve it. Leaving as a free agent just is not enough.

12. acjeitherocket

i wouldnt boo him.....

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't get it...

people keep saying that he didn't play well for us and that he is overrated, then they get mad that he "bailed on us?"

Give me a break.

Ron wanted to be a Rocket, but the Rockets didn't want to give him a long contract. You can't possibly expect a player that is going downhill like Ron to accept a rental contract to a team that even the fans think is "rebuilding" this year.

Ron made the right choice for himself, the Lakers, and the Rockets. How could anybody possibly be mad at him for that?

14. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Olajuwon was traded, not a free agent signing for Toronto.

If you guys boo Ron, that's pretty pathetic. There's no reason to boo him, just like there isn't much of a reason to cheer for him.

Save the boos for Fisher, Kobe.

15. dianap07

dianap07 Member

he;'s part of the opposing team. of course he's gonna get boo'd. its all part of the game and it makes all the more fun!! i like ron, its nothing personal but he's wearing enemy colors....BOOOOO!!!

with that being said, i liked what he brought to the team but thats all in the past now. let the boo'ing begin :D

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think Artest should be booed, but I think the guys who are trying to defend Artest might be a little misguided. He came and went, and didn't give us much to hold onto. He played hard for our team but that's about where it ends; and there's some evidence that he had the Lakers on his radar for a while.

No hard feelings, but we as fans should just move on.

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Precisely. There are a bunch of "jaded ex-girlfriends" around these parts.

18. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Ariza is about to slaughter artest i can feel it

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Really? Would you have boo'd Hakeem when we was with the Raptors?

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Why in the hell would any of you boo him? The guy played his arse off as a Rocket and didn't cause any problems. He deserves a standing ovation.

let's see...we offered him a one year deal. LA offers 5 and a chance to play with the defending champion. We give him the chance to play without Yao.

Easy decision.

Wish him the best