1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest, on playing against the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It was meant in jest. How can you interpret that as being a snide remark? Go watch the video and listen to the way he says it.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Artest is so funny. If he retires in 5 years, I would love to see him in the studio with Barkley and Kenny Smith.

3. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

you guys are wrong. the guy looks like he wishes he was still on the rockets. he obviously isnt happy about defering to bynum and gasol. he looked uncomfortable with the question about ariza and really hurt. whats with all this ron hate. its not like we offered him the same deal as la and he walked out on us.

anyway hope we bury them next game.

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Hoping Artest gets buried next game is not ron hate? I'd hate to see what ron hate from you looks like.

5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

if it was tmac then he deserves to be booed. but ronron?? no way. he played his heart out for us. yeah it wasnt always good and many times he chucked the ball but that was him trying his best. we shouldnt boo him. we should boo any other laker but not him. he isnt a laker. his passion and heart and personality is what being a rocket is.
    he deserves an ovation and love from us before the game. he never talked trash about the rockets team and seems to really have enjoyed his time with houston. he contributed to getting us out of the first round. he deserves an applause.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol @ Ron the World Changer.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I would definitely cheer for him for not accepting the Rockets offer and leaving. I am eternally grateful to him for that and so should everyone else.

8. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

are you for real? we offered him one year. the lakers offered him like 5. he knows his time as a player is up soon. he wanted some security. cant blame him for that. if we offered him the same deal he wouldve stayed. hell if we offered him 3 years he wouldve stayed. why the hell would anyone want to stay on this team for just one year and the year that yao and tmac are injured if they wanted a ring?

he didnt bail on anyone. houston didnt want him and the lakers did. end of story. to me he's a more likeable person than barkley. if barkley hadnt been injured im sure he wouldve actually bailed to go get a ring elsewhere. lets not be immature about this.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I agree with most of this sentiment, although it's pretty obvious there were some locker room issues. It's also obvious Ron was completely disregarding a lot of the offensive strategies Adelman was trying to implement. He was definitely not a perfect angel or even a great teammate while he was here.

10. rockets2

rockets2 Member

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Without a doubt. He was the best player in Game 6 against the Blazers.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Actually I like Ron but I don't mind booing him. :)

13. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Artest wasn't a Rocket then ... he was a Sacramento King.

I am going to clap for him when he is announced and all of Houston should. He helped us get into the second round despite his rogue ways. There is no denying that and saying so is not saying he was the sole reason. Once the opening tip happens though, the appreciation should stop as he is on another team and the Lakers at that.

I hope there will be more clapping than boos for him before opening tip as it's the classy thing to do.

#73 rocketsregle, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  14. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

but he would go after the person sitting next to you

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Artest sold out being a player for a good chance at a championship. Now, he's just some option on a team that doesn't necessarily really need him. He assumed Ariza's role and Ariza wasn't happy with his role. It's hard to imagine Artest is going to be satisfied in that role. I guess he is at a point in his career where he doesn't really want to be a leading player as much as just another option on a roster full of quality players. IMO he sold himself out and short. Good for him. He can look back on his ring (if he gets one) and we all know he took a back seat to get it. We got a younger, hungrier player who wants more playing time and to be a leader...over an aging, slowing veteran who wants less playing time but a ride to the ring. In the end, I could care less what Artest thinks of Ariza's performance. He's nobody now. Just another face. He took the lesser challenge. I hope it backfires on him...like it did to Karl Malone.

16. mazinger

mazinger Member

Anyone that doesn't cheer for him is an idiot and shows how little class you have. He wanted to stay but the Rockets did not want to give him a contract longer than 1 year. I don't blame him for leaving I would have too. You don't have to cheer but at least don't booooo him.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why do some of you keep bringing up the Lakers locker room thing with Kobe?

That was when he played for Sacramento not Houston.

18. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Amen to that....there is def a god up there..haha

19. 1individual

1individual Member

Who wants to waste their energy clapping hands for a dude who has no IQ. I say boo him that way he takes more shots. Boy, it's gonna be fun watching him jack up 3's... one after another!!

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has a good IQ, what he doesn't have is a conscience.

DD