1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest calls 1560 after Rockets-Lakers game pretending to be Luis Scola

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

[​IMG]
    I think he made a slight difference.

Now we would not have gotten out of the first round without Artest. He played splendidly in Game 6, and I give him that credit, and respect him as a Rocket.
    But in the long term? We had no reason to keep him around, especially when Yao got injured. Artest would have been bricking shots like crazy with him as the #1 (and he would have viewed himself as that), which would have meant less development for say Brooks or Budinger. It was great having him around, but I have zero regrets that he's playing for a different team and having a good time. It was beneficial for all sides.

2. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Blistering defense and junkyard dog! Classic Ron Artest!

[​IMG]

3. returningfan

returningfan Member

Yeah, I miss Artest. Would love to have him back. Remember the shoe?
    Cannot though remember whose shoe he removed from the floor.

Also miss Deke. A lot.

4. devin23

devin23 Member

Only lakers i would cheer for. Dude is just goofy.

5. CougarFan90

CougarFan90 Member

I wish Artest could beat up LeBron! :(

6. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Scola luv u too :p

For the most part, Ron Ron had a Very Positive Impact on the Rockets and the Local Community. Although I don't miss the bad shot selections and turrible shooting nights, he undoubtedly brought Instant Toughness, Experience, Energy, Rebounding, Scoring, and D-Fence among other things. It is great that he finally got a ring with the Lakers, as joining their team was probably the smartest decision of his career. If he does want to play with Rox again, don't be afraid to bring your buddy Kobe ok
    ;)

#106 djperm, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Whoever hates on Artest is an idiot. The dude helped get us out of the first round in over a decade.

If you boo him just because he is an opponent that's fine. Just don't boo him for leaving, that would be stupid.

I still like Artest, cheer for him when he is not playing against us, was glad he won a ring with the Lakers.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( dam that video brings me to tears

9. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Ron Ron should be back. I think he brings good chemistry to the team, especially after taming himself as a result of the brawl. Besides, he had his best seasons under RA in Sacramento

10. amaru

amaru Member

Lol aww c'mon, you might get a right handed scoop shot 2 ;)

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

LOL some many posters on this board do not understand how important and how crucial it is to have this kind of toughness on the team. This is the NBA you know what kind of players play in this league? Most players grew up playing street ball although most played in high school and college. But toughness/Attitude in players are a pure characteristic of Basketball. We lost a lot of that and you really need that in the playoffs to get through rounds.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No offense but I just don't agree. I wish we would have kept Artest. Last year we could have gone with Scola, Landry, Artest, Battier and Brooks late in games... switching out Artest and plugging in Ariza made us less tough and not better imp. Artest fit the Rockets system well he formerly played for Adelman with the Kings. Plus other teams didn't like to play us because of Artest out there with other gritty players like Scola and even Battier. Landry played hard that group was just gritty. It was easier for the Rockets to take control of games because we were simply punking teams.

13. dojasweet

dojasweet Member

lol ron does a horrible scola impression, so bad, so so bad. did he even try?

lol gotta love ron

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I've said it over and over again on this board, but this board simply overvalues "toughness" and "heart" and that junk. This is why you have idiots who use toughness and some stupid fourth-quarter scoring stat in order to make the ridiculous claim that Landry is superior to Martin. Those qualities are really not that important, especially since it is a value that is frequently assigned retroactively in order to make the stories of society fit in better.

Artest with the Kings is the number one reason why I think he would have been a terrible fit. He was viewed as the main option, and those Kings teams were bad -after all, Artest was not on the Kings teams earlier in the decade that really mattered. And he was crazy there. In a bad way, which is what he is like when you make him the main option and stick him on a bad team. This entire board was frustrated to death with Ariza doing that ..... thing on the offensive end. Artest would have been a thousand times worse, as he actually would have seen himself as the complete and total #1 option, which was never true with Ariza. Artest on this team would have, at best, made us say two or three games better which doesn't change a thing and simply saddles us with a long-term deal (as we would have to give him a deal quite a bit better than what he got from the Lakers to retain him). And at worst, he would have been a serious chemistry risk, with no Kobe or Phil to keep him in line. There is zero reason we should have kept him around.

15. Defy9

Defy9 Member

I don't know how to embed on this forum but...

Lakers forward Ron Artest on prank calling a Houston radio station
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5LZL9W78QE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5LZL9W78QE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Roxboys

Roxboys Member

Ronron is going to be on Dan Patrick around 10 pm cst this morning to talk about the prank call.

17. Roxboys

Roxboys Member

10 A.M. ;)

18. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

LMAO! I'm gonna celebrate by eating spanish food.

thats great!

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We can play tough without Ron Artest. Acting crazy on the court is different than playing tough. Landry, Battier, Chuck Hayes all play tough.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5LZL9W78QE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5LZL9W78QE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

About half way through he talks about it.....and he thinks Raheel and Nuno didn't know it was him.

LOL - he is funny but not all that sharp.

DD