1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chamillionaire, Feb 23, 2009.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i will only praise his consistent hustle and hard work, won't praise his shot selection or shooting percentage, we need better to win in the playoffs

2. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Just wanted to share a story to you guys about Ron Artest this past weekend after the Mavs game, I am going to post it here because I am still a "rookie" and cant create new threads yet

So anyways, Friday night after the Mavs game, we all decided to go to Ra Sushi to drink since it was my friends birthday. We were just hanging out by the bar waiting for everyone to show up. I look to the table we were all standing next to and saw Mr. Artest with shades on hoping no one will recognize him. He was with a pretty hot chick btw. Me and one of my friend are huge rockets fan and we got pretty star strucked. So I went up to Ron and asked him if we can get a picture with him. "later man" he replied. Stuck out his hands and gave me a hand shake, I also congrats him on the win that night against the sorry ass MAVS that blew their 16 points lead , anyways I was like a damn stalker that night just waiting for the guy to finish his food to come over and ask him again for the picture. Ofcourse by this time after a couple of beers and shots I was pretty buzzed. When I got over and asked him again, "later man" he replied. So I told him "hey you know what, I'm just going to catch you when you leave alright?", then he was like "yeah thats cool man". So he was leaving and couple of people also follow him to try to get a picture with him, the manager was telling everybody no pictures (kind of like walking Ron out like a security gaurd and telling people no pictures) So I was standing in the crowd also trying to get a picture, Then my man Ron pointed me out and told the manager "that guy is cool right there let him" Everyone was standing there watching and taking a picture of the guy, while me and my friend was standing next to Ron taking a picture with him LOL that was the coolest feeling in the world man, I will post the picture as soon as my girlfriend uploads it from her camera.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Some of my buddies and I watched the Bobcats game and we focused on Ron. You are exactly right about how he bumps, tangles and frustrates people without seeming to realize he is doing it. He gets the other guy upset and out of their game when they try to retaliate or match his physical play. It's just natural to him.

We had some Cleveland guys in the house and even they admitted they don't like seeing Ron guard Lebron because he neutralizes Lebron's strength. They remembered the Cleveland/Houston game from earlier this season and don't want any part of Ron or the Rockets again. LOL

Of course, they still think Lebron is MJ part II but they might be right in a few more years so I didn't argue that much.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

kobe > lebron

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I disagree. We need balanced scoring across our team and full commitment on the defensive end in order for this team to be successful. Ron will naturally get 16-20 playing with the team concept (which I have no doubt he will)

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Well, I would take Lebron without a doubt right now to start a team. Even if Kobe was 5 years younger I would still choose Lebron. If I need one shot to win a game then it's Kobe for sure.

I think 5 years from now Lebron will be a class beyond Kobe. I think he will end up in the Magic/Jordan class where Kobe has not made it. Then again, after watching James on Sunday I think the guy has two issues:

1. Not only does he buy his own hype but he is drunk with it
    2. His whole "he eats/sleeps basketball" persona seems fabricated. It's probably the media's fault mostly but I get the impression that the NBA is trying to convince me of Lebron's greatness. I can't help but think he has a hand in that too.

He is starting to remind me of Garnett with his over the top "intensity" on the court. I would like to see him tested both physically and mentally a bit more before I give him a shot at the keys to the GOAT title but he certainly has all the gifts to become that guy.

7. joesr

joesr Member

.....bandwagon~

8. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

cool story. quoted so that others will read.

9. leonking

leonking Rookie

You would like to know that team has Arest never worry about Jazz. With Ron, even Kings can beat Jazz 2-1 every year in the past 3 years. We are 1-0 now.

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i mean i can't stand kobe because of his attitude, but watching him play...it's just so fluid. i think kobe and lebron are alike in some ways, but very different at the same time...kobe is just ridiculously smooth, every move is like i don't need to touch you, watch me just fly by you...lebron is more beastly, like i'm going to show you how strong i am...does that make sense?

i would have to take kobe over lebron, until lebron becomes as good or better of a shooter as kobe he won't be on the same level in my mind

11. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

can someone tell me what the hell did he do to deserve this. Lol seriously it seems like one pops up for every game. I'm shocked the haters didn't make a T-Mac Appreciation thread for having surgery and being out for the season :rolleyes:

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

He's been playing great as of late..

Hope Warrier can keep it ^

13. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

47% from the field, 40% from 3 in the month of February.

Moreover... 51% from the field, and a blistering 53% from 3 over the past 5 games.

He'll be bringing the consistency now that he doesn't have to share the court with T-mac.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ha, OK "TMac4Life#1".

15. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Ron Artest is a baller!

Releasing him for his role as a 6th man was a good thing, now we get to see the beast he really is. Artest is not a 6th man, Carl Landry has 6th man game. I think Ron try's to do too much when he comes off the bench. He's Just not comfortable with the role.

The Beast Has Been Unleashed!

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

47% in Feb. 40% from 3.

17. Chamillionaire

and also the defense and the hustle.

18. ebu

ebu Member

How is this thread only two pages long???

Artest is a beast and lately he has been playing...
    He actually looks like his is having fun and that started when T-mac
    went out, go figure....they werent on the same page..

I think Rockets should do whatever it takes to keep Artest...
    If they have to trade T-mac then do it, because he is a great complementary
    player to Yao..and Artest knows he is not the go to guy, and Yao is and
    so he plays off of that and focuses more on Defense...

Watching him last night when he dunked and High fived 5 reggie and smiling a lot more shows that he is happy as a rocket (especially if were winning) so i cant to see the playoffs this year and to get of the T-mac first round curse..this team will be very focused and competitve in the playoffs...

So i say KEEP ARTEST!!! and just develop brooks and Lowry and thats the only offseason things we should do..everyone knows their role on this team and that is awesome that players are accepting it

19. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Artest was fantastic on defense last night. I thought he got a little too involved in the one-on-one game with LeBron on offense in the first half though. His shot selection remains rather poor, but his tough, physical defense is fun to watch. It's easy to see why even the best players hate playing against him.

20. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

Ron is mentally and physically tough , he is giving us the edge when we need him , he just need to keep it up and explode in the playoffs and we are good to go .