1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rolando Mcclain?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ric_flair, Nov 28, 2012.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

They won't. If someone wants Babin and his contract, then there's no way Mcclain on his rookie deal makes it through waivers.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Prob not. A team that might really be interested in him is a team like the Ravens, though idk how high their organization is on disciplined players. The Ravens have the perfect guy in Ray Lewis to mentor someone like McClain.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The guy walked into a great situation in Oakland but never panned out. Same with Aaron Curry, who didn't have the off-field issues to hinder him. There's not many teams in true need of a MLB anyways, probably a 3-4 team tries him at ILB.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I hope we get him. Big talent, sometimes maturity and change o scenery is all that's needed

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Anyone know if he made Schaub's list of being Houston Texans-worthy?

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dude is a ****ing moron. Declared from day 1 he wouldn't be talking to the media. Acted like he was already elite, was one of the main reasons the Raiders run defense is among the worst because he's never in the right gap. Not to mention his bizarre off the field behavior with guns.

A liability in pass coverage. He puts a hurting on somebody every once in a while, that's about all he's good for.

Thought he would be a stud but he's a headcase and an entitled douchebag.

**** yourself Rolando.

7. ROXRAN

Now that part is a plus ....;)

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Not when you point a gun at somebody's face and then fire it a few inches to the side.

The Raiders are in the midst of a massive rebuilding phase. It will be a huge purge of the Al Davis leftovers, and it will take a couple more years to fully rid the squad of the guys who aren't worth what they earn. The Defense has been an absolute joke this year and part of it is these guys were used to playing a very basic man scheme under Al and the new DC is asking guys to do things they haven't done since they got here. Too many square pegs trying to fit into round holes.

Reportedly the Raiders thought they were getting Jason Babin and decided the player they would waive would be McClain, but when Jacksonville got him the bridges had already been burned.

I'm not of the opinion that he will never be good enough to play in the NFL, but he just seems to really have some deep seeded psych issues he needs to learn how to manage.

9. ROXRAN

O... I didn't realize him putting a gun to someone's face. Nvm, I hear you. Don't want him. Thanks for the insight on the other neg. aspects from him as well

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If I were the Texans FO, I'd still take a chance on the guy.

Even with all the issues moes sheds light on.... I feel like we've collected a great group of guys with high character in Houston and if they can't help nudge him in the right direction, attitude wise, I'd say he's done in the league.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He doesn't seem like a guy Uncle Bob wants on his team.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He's not one of Uncle Bob's Urban Achievers.

Let the Patriots have him.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And the Raiders would say, "trade deadline has passed, sorry."

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It's funny; some see this as a selling point. I see it as a giant red flag. There's is no logical reason to cut a guy with that many seemingly positive traits unless there's a major issue (or 8).

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

17. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

And throw in the fact that it's the FREAKING RAIDERS that are cutting him...

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Take a chance. We need more backers.

19. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

well, the texans did work out vernon gholston last year.. maybe they feel with the right coaching players can be serviceable. it wouldnt be the first time someone has been cut and ended up being successful elsewhere..

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd try and grab him, given our dangerously thin depth at ILB, but:

a) I doubt he gets to us in the waiver wire, let alone clears waivers

b) Texans FO isn't keen on character red flags

c) If DeMeco Ryans wasn't a "good fit" for Wade inside, I don't think he and Reggie are going to be jumping at the chance to convert a "pure" MLB on the fly with only 5 games to go. 4 when you consider he wouldn't play Sunday.