1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rodney McCray what happened to him ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3pointer, Dec 16, 1999.

1. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Just a historical question... I was in the Army(and there was no such thing as "the internet"for general usage at least, for readily available info.) at the time when he left or got traded or what ever happened to him.... so what is the story behind it ? can anyone tell me ?
    and how about Robert Reid ? Sleepy Floyd and mr. Purvis ? all played in the later 80's .
    thanks in advanced for the info.

2. theWIGMAN

theWIGMAN Member

Rodney McCray still resides in Houston, I think ... or so a friend of mine has told me. This friend also told me he saw McCray playing down at Fonde earlier this year. That's about all I have on McCray (rumor and hearsay). As I understand it, a lot of former pros still play down at Fonde. Current NBA pros, however, have the privilege of using the West-side Tennis club facility.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Didn't Rodney get a ring on the '93 Bulls team?

4. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I played with and against him at the Post Oak YMCA about 4 years ago. He came to the Saturday morning games quite often.

He was a MAJOR WHINER on the court.

DaDakota

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

mccray's living in sugarland right now. has been for at least the last 8 or 9 years. went to school with his neice.