1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocks will beat on Atlanta tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Valio!, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Valio!

Valio! Member

I know the rockets have a tendency to play down to whatever level crap their opponents play...but no Kukoc...Hawks have a 7-30 road record...Rockets might be motivated to win considering they could sweep that division...I say they boys are on!

Rockets: 105
    Hawks: 87

------------------
    "It's finger ling ling good!" - Homer Simpson's opinion of Kentucky Fried Panda

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Really going out on a limb there.

------------------

3. Valio!

Valio! Member

Hey man...I predict hard and easy games alike...I will shy away from no game [​IMG]

Besides, what ever happened to the good ol days when people predicted outcomes around here...this is becoming a lost art as playoff hopes dwindle...

------------------
    "It's finger ling ling good!" - Homer Simpson's opinion of Kentucky Fried Panda

4. Bookit

Bookit Member

Hey, don't underestimate the Hawks. They will come out playing hard without Kukoc....just kidding. Its a rout.

Rockets 112
    Hawks 89

------------------

5. Band Geek Mobster

The Rockets will suck for 3 quarters with Jason Terry lighting up our guards.

The Rocks will be down by as much as 11 during the game only to comeback in the 4th to win by 6.

I really hope Langhi plays, I'm really tired of seeing Walt take DL's PT.

Rockets: 98
    Hawks: 92

------------------
    Early man walked away, as modern man took control,
    Their minds weren't all the same, to conquer was their goal,
    So he built his great empire, and he slaughtered his own kind,
    He died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind.

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Losing Tony gives the Hawks a huge advantage. Now that one of the best players for the Hawks is hurt, the Rockets will play down even more. It should be a close game tonight. Lots of jumpers shot by the Rockets, and lots of layups from the Hawks. The Rockets blow the record, and lose 110-109 thanks to a nice, relaxing, defense-less day. The Rockets fall to only 15-1 against the central. Hawks get the title of "spoiling bastards".

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't know if this game is a victory because the Rockets fell way behind last time. If they do so again there is a very good chance they might not come back.

------------------
    Arkansas' Biggest Rocket Fan!

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

But Kukoc had like 25 points in the first half, then was shut down by Shandon. Rockets will win.

Houston 129
    Atlanta 91

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

129-91? Oh, how I would love to see the Rockets win like that. Just once this year, I would like to see the Rockets CREAM an opponent by 35+. Teams always get it down to the 20s against the Rockets.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

i think after the last Hawk game's close call the rockets will take this game more seriously. Then again, Atlanta might be looking for revenge for blowing the lead last time. Anyway, the rockets will win because i get to actually watch. This could be the last game i get to see Hakeem as a rocket.

Rockets:96
    Hawks:86

------------------
    Hakeem, Hasaw, Haconquered.

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

OH MY GOD HAKEEM! THE MEMORIES ARE FLOWING! WWWHHHHHHHHOOOOOOO HHOOOOOOOOOOO!

------------------

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We won! 110-97.

------------------