1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets worst court [Chicago Tribune]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Feb 4, 2016.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

Sucks the energy right out of the building?

Or just sucked the gravity right out of the building?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5OHUAjxPo4I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Is it weird that i love the rockets logo and the cut jsmoove is still rocking?

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

as long as its functional, then i don't give a damn about the court - care more about the 'product' we're putting ON the court...

4. Ns575

Ns575 Member

If anybody has actually sat up-close (as in 5 rows up) you'll realize how nice the jerseys look from a few yards away. The quality is just amazing and theres trimming around the numbers you don't see on TV. I don't necessarily like them too much, but I have a feeling thats why the jerseys haven't been changed because Les watches alot of the games within touching distance of the players

5. beardsanity713

This was dope af i loved these jerseys and theme

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Yes, we have a terrible court

Yes, we have terrible jerseys

Yes, we have terrible announcers

Yes, we suck

7. malakas

malakas Member

as someone who grew up not being a Rockets fan, the Rockets logo objectively to me is not bad at all. In the contrary it's great. The court is meh. Average.
    The jerseys on the other hand are attrocious. (so are the commentators).

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This.

9. Fantasma Negro

Who the **** cares what the court looks like? Our floor looks like every other court in the league. Logo in the center, and team colors. What do they think it should look like? Should we go back to this [​IMG]

10. robby_33

robby_33 Member

YES. That would be soooo awesome!
    Just a straight up we don't care what you think, let's be #1 at being hated!!

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Boring. Dead.

Correlation to this year's play? Feng Sui yall.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Cartoon Court was awesome by the way I loved it. So much color, full of life really cool.

13. bmd

bmd Member

I know people hate the cartoon rocket branding... but I admit that that court is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Yeah, it's over-the-top, gaudy, cartoonish, etc. But for some reason I just really like it even though I know it's ridiculous looking at the same time.

14. omgTHEpotential

It's called nostalgia. Raptor fans love their original dinosaur logo jerseys too.

[​IMG]

15. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

I find the whole subject matter strange. The only group that should care about the court are the players. Are there dead spots on the floor where the ball doesn't bounce properly? Does the arena double as a hockey rink where ice is under the court causing wet spots?:rolleyes:

I guess I would care more if I was trying to sell season tickets. Or if the discussion was about baseball fields....

16. Ns575

Ns575 Member

#BringBackSpaceDildo

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Our logo still trash, but meh..

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Don't know about the design of the court... But if you get to the game super early you'll see that the lights in the arena or dimmed over the seats and there's a red hue being shined down from above. The court is practically fully lit as it normally would be though.

They need to figure out a way to make THAT work fulltime. Similar to how the Lakers and Brooklyn do it, but with our twist being the red hue.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

So we have the worst court and worst commentators? Nice work Les.