1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets won't win a championship with Steve as a PG.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spaldingtattos, Dec 2, 2002.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

We should definitely trade Steve...if anything, just to get him to a city with fans that will appreciate him...

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

Yep, a city where they have group hugs in the arena after losses..

3. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Ummm... ok

The only reason why we lost was because of the TEAM not only Francis...

umm.. ok lets move Collier to the Shooting Guard spot because he looks dumb on the bench...

umm..ok lets move Moochie over to Center...I think his corn rows will match Jermain O' Neal's....

Some of ya'll don't realize that Francis is the only one stepping up even when he tries to get his team involved. Moochie and Francis has no chemistry what so ever. Switching Francis over to SG and leaving Moochie for our starter? Sending the rookie Maddox off the bench? More turnovers than i can imagine even if they are playing the Kings. Lets think about this again...

4. r0cketsGeek

r0cketsGeek Member

Man, just close your ears and hum, it works for me.:D

5. gram!

gram! Member

see, its this stupid ass **** that makes me hate this board.

stevie is NOT the problem, how about a pf that can hit a shot? how about some rebounding? how about a good backup point guard? how about some good, crisp passing?

or how about playing with one starting lineup for more that a few games so we can get some cohesion? how about you f*cking sissies stop crying because we lost to one of the best and deepest teams in the league? news flash fools, rebuilding teams are supposed to lose to the kings, they have the record they do for a reason.

god, just shut up about our all star pointguard.

by the way, mj didn't win a title for his first 7 years, till he grew up a little, and got some help.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Whether it was intentional or not, this is the most entertaining post I've ever read on this board. Thanks for the new signature!

7. dwmyers

dwmyers Contributing Member

Then I guess any team with Sam Cassell is condemned to point guard hell...

Think the Rockets ought to give those two trophys back because Sam isn't a purty boy?

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Illtellyawhut, I would kill for Sam the Man at this point...convince him that the Bucks will never win the big one..and get him to come back here to replace Mooch..I know, I know...never gonna happen...but I liked Sam back in the day..;)

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

You know who would be a good backup to Steve? Derek Harper. If only he wasnt 43 years old and retired. :sigh:

10. hamachi

hamachi Member

lol -- classic.

lfmao.

11. dwmyers

dwmyers Contributing Member

I kind of like the idea of Sam and Steve at guards for this team, but I have the feeling that G Karl actually has an idea how much "ET" is worth.

heh. Think he'd take Mobley, KT, Collier and Rice for Cassell? :D

Dave

12. cchai

cchai Member

Tommycatluvsme is smiling. Maybe he has a point. This Rockets team sucks!

13. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Arenas wouldn't be that different from SF at the point as a point guard, except not as good.

In today's SF chronicle, see sfgate.com, Arenas talks about how he likes playing the 2 much more since he doesn't have to be play that smart.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2002/12/02/SP104876.DTL

Arenas, a shooting guard in college at Arizona, returned to that position for much of the Warriors' game-closing 49-19 run in Denver. He also operated off the ball down the stretch Saturday, when Musselman employed a three-guard lineup that included Boykins and Jason Richardson.

"You don't have to be that smart at the two spot," Arenas said with a laugh.

"There aren't as many things to worry about as there are when you play point guard."

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think we could use a Jalen Rose (passer-scorer) rather than Mobley, but Steve Francis is here to stay.

And Steve would look better if someone else on this team had a clue, or could hit a shot.

15. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

Classic comments on Steve Francis and Nick van Exel.
    :D

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

Maybe we should just get rid of all the drills when we are working out draft prospects and measure the circumference of their noggins instead. :p

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The Rockets lose and a thread pops up saying Francis can't win a championship and that Francis isn't a PG move him to SG, nothing like this has ever popped up! I'm stunned!

19. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

well steve can play either position. pg or sg. hes still good either way...on my opinon

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Rose averages 4 assist per game while Mobley averages 3 per game, which is a lot of difference, also Mobley during his lst 5 to 6 games before he got injured averaged 4 assist per game.