1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets with a nice gesture towards the NO Hornets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Aug 31, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Just heard it a few minutes ago on Fox26 with Marc Berman...

Apparently the Rockets are giving the Hornets' front office access to some of the Rockets' equipment which I guess they will need to conduct their daily business.

Know who was personally interviewed on TV and had nice things to say? Tim McDougall (sp?) himself. You know, the former Clutchfan member?

Nice gesture by the Rox, and on a similar note the Texans have done similar things and this city has just opened up its arms wide-open for people affected by the Hurricane. Our own AstroDome will be used as one big refugee shelter.

Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere else, lock it if that's the case...

2. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Yep, just heard it myself a few hours ago. The Dome will be used to house over 23,000 Hurricane victims.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

As long as they don't try to put that honeycomb lane on our court, it's great news, hope they have a good season. Now, can we lend them some point guards too.

4. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Boki is back!!!!!!!!............. with the Hornets.

5. rvpals

rvpals Member

Welcome back, Boki!

6. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cougars are offering free tickets to hurricane refuges.

7. Nero

Nero Member

Haven't they suffered enough?

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

LOL!!! DAYUMN!!! :D

9. pelbeaini

pelbeaini Contributing Member

10. rocketholic

rocketholic Contributing Member

Hey Hey Hey, leave my Coogs alone now! Eventhough I love my Longhorns, UH is were I graduated from! :D

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ouch. :p

12. rocketholic

rocketholic Contributing Member

13. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

I heard the comets were offering free tickets too, what was ironic about it was they are playing the "Storm"

14. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

I don't think you can claim them as "my longhorns" if you graduated from u of h. Shouldn't your loyalties lie w/ the school u actually attended?

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

While we are building a good relationship with them, we should trade Juwan Howard and Charlie Ward for PJ Brown.

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2148442

Rockets offer Toyota Center office space to HornetsAssociated Press

HOUSTON -- Some members of the New Orleans Hornets' front office have relocated to Houston and are working out of the Toyota Center.

"Our staff is kind of scattered around the country, but we have about 15 members in Houston," Hornets chief marketing officer Tim McDougall told Houston television station KRIV on Wednesday. "The Rockets have been generous enough to give us some office space to work out of. ... The things we are focused on right now are just making sure our staff is OK and safe."

Members of the Hornets' staff have set up in a conference room with computers and telephones.

"It's great to at least to be able to lend a helping hand -- make them feel like they have a home away from home for a little while and give them as much support as we possibly can," Rockets senior vice president of marketing and sales Tad Brown told the TV station.

Also, The New York Times reported on its Web site on Wednesday night that NBA deputy commissioner Russ Granik sent an e-mail to all the teams in the NBA to prepare them for the possible relocation of the Hornets.

"Even if the arena is operable, it still may be impossible to play games in New Orleans for some time," Granik wrote in the e-mail message, a copy of which was obtained by the Times.

The e-mail message said plans were under way to find sites for the Hornets' training camp, which starts in just over a month, and preseason games, and that the league will start searching for alternative sites for the regular season next week. If the team is forced to relocate, the NBA will try to find a place close to home.

The NFL's Saints will be based in San Antonio for a while. It's highly unlikely they will be able to hold their home opener Sept. 18 at the Superdome -- and they may not be able to play there at all this season.

The Saints escaped the hurricane by flying with their families last weekend to San Jose, Calif. New Orleans plays at Oakland on Thursday night in its final exhibition game.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

didn't that bbs poster work for the hornets?(i forgot his name, was it Tim).
    Do we know he is alright?

Edit
    oh sorry i just read what tigermission wrote. so we know he is Alright

18. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

With comments like that, I bet you've never even seen a college campus!

I'm a Cougar if you couldn't figure that one out.

19. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Memo to the Hornets:

Anytime, guys! But as a gesture of appreciation, a trade of Baker for PJ Brown or Moochie for Chris Paul would be nice.

20. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

It's all in the plan. The Rockets will play "persuasive subliminal" music to get inside information, and to suggest trade endevours in our favor. :D

Brainwashing, if you will. :p