1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will sign Brandan Wright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 9, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Codman's like, "Sorry if that isn't enough."

LMAO! you kidding me!?

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We love and trust you entirely, and always pray for your health and happiness. Take Care.

#182 saleem, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Cod's post really highlighted our separation from reality. We watch this information like poker on tv after the fact when we know everyone's hand. He summarized all of the information but nobody had all of that at the time and it changes hourly. Ultimately, it looks like we had multiple Ryno possibilities but kept searching for that 3rd team to lower the cost. Morey was looking to make the 3rd team trade now for the deal this summer so he still needed pieces for the main team that he would not have had later.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

God bless you . Apologies for my phone-typing errors.

What I will defend is that my information is beyond legit. It's not simply just coming from random gleague ballers, or coaches who sit on the bench without any idea about what's going on. My information comes from sources who , as a genuine business man, knows exactly what's going on, either from the coaching sides of things ,player discussions, and often, GM discussions with star players who ask them how they might fit with other type caliber players.

I just share it as it happens, without any BS.

I'm completely fine with being wrong, when it's all said and done, and some of these transactions don't go through. However, what I do know, is that every rumor every backstory that I've posted on here is relevant, and has plenty of truth behind it. I don't post lies nor do I post any sort of information that would lead anyone on. I post what is told for me from my company, player discussions directly towards me, my good friend in the locker room, along with many players that I've developed friendships with over the course of the last 10 or so years.

What needs to be known is that I wouldn't simply lead this board on, instead, my goal is to provide information that may be considered Insider, but I do believe that our Lil clutchfans base deserves to know what some, if any, is going on behind the scenes.

Admittedly, when some things don't pan out, like the Melo trade like Taj Gibson like Dougie McDermott like Jarrett Jack Etc it weighs on me, because all I want to give my fans is the truth, and some of the information that they may not be privy to. It's all love.

Bless you and your support

Rashmon, DonKnock, brosef and 30 others like this.
  5. Codman

The majority of these deals were on the table. At a certain point, however, when teams became afraid of contracts and involving a third-team, that's when some of our goals fell through. Everything I posted was legit, had in-depth discussions, and I stand by it. I never claimed to be Maury, but what I do know are many people who surround him whether that be players staff members from around the league, few coaches and of course a couple of agents that I've developed strong friendships over the years. I can't always give you the most direct information based on my job, but I do my best to provide you information that gives you some clue to the direction to which the Rockets are heading. All love

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

@Codman Stay strong man and I really hope you didn't feel the need to share that much info with us and be so straight forward. Don't risk exposing yourself over some posters here!! Really a damn shame how we're tied in so much money with Ryno and Morey giving away our picks! We could've had a championship team by now it seems. So many guys we can still possibly add, but would be willing to cut Nanu and Troy as well??

This all makes a lot of sense, all the players Cod mentions and just shows you how hard Morey and other GMs work. They make some many calls, have probably dozens of boards with scenarios of contracts, salaries, impact, rotations etc. This is why I have a big problem with D'Antoni. All these players are not just going to sit on the bench. Plenty of coaches would've promised minutes, expanded the rotation to 10-12 guys. So much can be gained from more rest for our guys.

Just prepare ourselves, if Joe Johnson comes, say goodbye to minutes for Green, which I'm guessing is why Morey is not keen on making that move. MDA pushing for it makes sense, but is also odd given his stance on short rotations. He's going to with 8-9 guys, so Green might already be the odd man out come play-off time..like I said in the other thread, Joe probably won't come here because he cannot be promised minutes.

Really a shame we will miss out on guys, but it's also their attitude that's a problem. Be happy you can join a contender! Also, how in the world does it always seem a team like the Warriors get whoever they want and still have room left to get more help, as if they do not have to worry about a cap and guys wanting minutes? Guess that's the difference between a champion and 'just' a contender!

P.S. @Codman if you can elaborate, what do you mean by playoff scare? We kept Ryno in case there's injuries and he would at least be a guy who could give us 20?

DonKnock, BigMaloe, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  7. Codman

According to one of my ears, a guy who has Phoenix connections, Maury worked diligently on the phone struggling to find a way to bring Tyson over here. Again we needed a third team to make it happen because of his salary, but the truth of the matter is, Tyson is tired of losing and being a center on the Rockets may be his best chance to win a championship at this point us career. Buyout isn't the most far-fetched idea, but because Tyson is no longer part of the youth movement, and because of his loyalty to the organization, anything is possible. Unfortunately, we may have to wait until next summer.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wouldn't that make Nene expandable though?

9. Codman

Thank you so, so much for the kind words. I don't look at it as exposing myself because my name on the Internet has a sense of anonymity with it. However I am known in many circles within the league, not as a coach but more as a scout and somewhat as an advisor. It's difficult to provide information like this without facing a backlash. However I try my best to give you all the information that I hear from my ears around the league. The truth of the matter is there are many veterans who want to be on our team but due to this trade deadline it wasn't possible. The money involved, the multiple teams that would have had to work to make it happen Etc made this trade deadline fairly dry. The truth is that we need to improve and are front Court. Nene tells me constantly that at his age, while he can drop 20 points when necessary, he needs more help. Tarik black is not the answer nor does he have the skillset to take us to the promised land. That's why I keep saying Help is coming, based on what many ears
    have told me. However it won't be in the traditional sense. You're going to have to look at the waivers and you're going to have to look at players who are bought out and who are the true definition of Free Birds

10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Absolutely my friend, I always know everything you are saying is true. I have always appreciated your contributions to this board. I was pointing out how people that post on the board don't always see the big picture or the huge amount of deals that don't get done. It doesn't mean they weren't close to the finish line.

DonKnock, BigMaloe, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

enh we'll see I guess

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This deserves it's own 5+ threads.

#192 Zboy, Feb 10, 2018
    DonKnock, BigMaloe, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I read your post and appreciate it. I desperately wanted to get him on a buyout as the #1 choice from the start of the season. He would be perfect for us.

14. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I like it. Harden and CP3 will make him better Maybe even an insurance policy in case Capella gets overpaid somewhere else next season.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

You're welcome. Thanks so much for the info! Glad you're not risking anything, but just thought since you're a bit more cryptic and less detailed so that's why I figured you were trying to please the doubters (though it's cyberx they're doubting). Isn't Wright already the help ;) glad we're stil looking at upgrades, since we're pretty good and I actually didn't really expect a trade for a rotation player. Maybe a Zhou Qi and a pick for a project. Tnx again!

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Codman

Last post before I go to bed...

Reporting this type of sensitive information can sometimes be really damaging. I mean that in the sense that I take a risk and relaying messages to the best fans in the world, not necessarily knowing if at the last minute if they'll come true or not. However I think as the greatest fans ever, you deserve to know what's going to be going on behind the scenes. Without any ego, many of my ears have come through and I stand by them. It's up to you to determine what you want to believe but please understand this. This is not a real GM board, this is not Reddit, this is not the ESPN boards nor is it any other fan site with random posters looking for credibility. I don't need credibility what I need most of all as my health.

With that understanding, if you look at my past posts from this year or before many of the ears who have given me information have come through. You can even look back to a guy named Jordan Hamilton, a minor trade made with Denver. I learned that on the fly at the last moment. So, as much as I wish to share with you all please understand that it is sometimes wears on one's Soul, because we want to deliver you the goods with all honesty, but i know our information comes from a place that is genuine, accurate and true. The downfall is when trades fall apart in the last hour or so.

Quick example... Remember when we were about to swoop in for Taj Gibson and Dougie McDermott? We were literally within hours of making that happen to bolster our team, but Sam presti swooped in and made the better deal. Now numeral of us reported this but it didn't come true. That doesn't mean we lied, it simply means we shared information we heard and we wanted to give it to you out of respect. And, that's all it is. All of us here respect our fellow Rockets fans..

And, out of respect ,though we just signed a decent player, Morey is a businessman who will do what it takes to improve our team. We are in win-now mode, and from what I understand this latest signing is not the end. Keep your eyes open, and look for the Freebirds. There's about 12 of them under the radar. And they're willing to take a pay cut to come join the team that gives them a chance to earn the championship.

So to reiterate I'm not cyber X, I'm not clutch, I'm not ch44, nor am I your traditional "insider." I have a wide variety of friends who give me information. Sometimes it goes through and, at the last minute, sometimes it's a total bust. Either way enjoy the ride and just know always 2be looking to improve and that our current frontcourt spot is a work in progress.

Help can be in many forms. It is also different love. So consider, that we're no longer part of the trade deadline, but teams are going to be looking to get rid of players who have no intention of playing any longer this season or after.

Love y'all, we're going to be fine

#196 Codman, Feb 10, 2018
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stay strong and calm, wish you the best.

And thanks a bunch, cod.

Some names would be great like Ma Speights, Vuc, Tyson, Dudley, Ersan and so on.

#197 daywalker02, Feb 10, 2018
  18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Codman the Bossman coming through with the informative posts as always. Thanks and stay strong dude

19. the shark

the shark Member

Codman I find it amazing that despite battling cancer that you come on here to pass along things that you're hearing.

My mother has had cancer twice and I have spent countless days at M.D.Anderson, and I have to say that cancer patients blow me away with their courage and strength despite the battle they're going through.

On behalf of Clutchfans we're all pulling for you and praying for you.

Hang in there my friend and again thank you for blessing us with your presence. Please keep us updated on how you're doing as well.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

These are old highlights. I believe he retains athleticism, but I don't think he is that explosive anymore, due to injuries. Still, he is a useful backup. Better than Tarik Black.

D-rock likes this.