1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The primary reason Parsons was so effective was BECAUSE his contract was so good. I'm sure if Morey could go back he would pick up the option, but acting like the Ariza-Parsons swap makes us instantly worse is so overblown. Parsons doesn't possess any ELITE skills and is a nothing on defense.

1 person likes this.
  2. Remii

Remii Member

He didn't abandon anyone. The Rockets sent him out to find a contract that was best for him and said they would match it. He found that contract and the Rockets didn't match it. The Rockets didn't hold up their end of the bargain for their reasons. Simple as that.

But I agree. This thread should be closed or moved.

3. conquistador#11

his ex warned us all but did we listen? we thought we could tame him.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's not Parsons for Ariza. It was Lin, Asik, Parsons, 1st, 2nd and Jason Friedman for Ariza, Gee, an asset pick and a bunch of guys that haven't played in the league in years. That's why people are grumpy.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think Morey's approach is sinking this team unfortunately. You can't just throw players together on a whim and expect them to compete for a championship. They have to play together a while to get comfortable with each other. Lebron going back to Cleveland knows it takes chemistry and work. He's not expecting miracles right away. But, somehow, we're supposed to accept that Morey is expecting miracles by just continually swapping in and out players until the mix is such that it is a championship contender on short notice. That doesn't work (except maybe with Lebron and two other stars because Lebron is the best player in the NBA). We've been doing all this for years and have gone nowhere. Now, the conclusion seems to be "we need 3 superstars". Is that supposed to make up for a lack of team chemistry because all the faces are continually changing each season? The team has no time to grow to be a team regardless. This team won't be any better this next season imo. The snake oil salesman hasn't sold me.

2 people like this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

This is exactly what I have been saying. Parsons, you got drafted in the 2nd Rd. so you got paid what a 2nd Rounder makes. You signed the contract now stfu and play out your contract. This jerk is so greedy and so full of himself that he was begging Morey to let him out of his contract years early so he could get paid what he thought he should be getting paid, not what he was drafted at and signed to. the kid is a narcissistic a-hole. Good riddance. Never really saw his personality as the kind that fits well on a Rockets jersey, he always behaved like a Laker to me, and I can't stand that.

7. conquistador#11

the funny part is nothing is going to change his approach. he did say in those interviews we could get a Lebron in two years. "we'll just have to see" to quote coach McIgiveawesomeinterviews.

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

My biggest fear in all of this is if whether Parsons will turn into the player Harden became.

The Mavs have two years left to ride the Dirk train and that team would be mediocre for a long time.

Now, they have a young piece and I'm sure they'll be in the running for Dwight.

It feels so surreal that this is where the team is at, after being so close to title contention a week ago.

I miss the last two years. I really thought our time was coming soon, now it feels like it's just disappeared. We had what felt like a true team dynamic these last two years.

I completely agree with Surfguy also. Morey needs to bunker down and understand that analytics cannot wholeheartedly determine a team's success.

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

He wasnt criminally underpaid for a second round pick. Kawhi is more underpaid. Frankly I am more underpaid. I get nothing for posting here. Nada. At least Parsons was paid. At least he had a job.

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I hate to say this, but for some reason I just cannot see James Harden holding up the trophy. He just doesn't seem like a championship player.

I can't see the Harden era ending well for the Rockets at all.

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Douchemavs.net? Is that a real website?

Can we please create it?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

We can haz continuity?

Morey: No continuity for you!

I know the whole three-star approach is being talked about elsewhere but...

Need 3 stars to make up for his sub-par coach?

Need 3 stars because he doesn't believe in Howard and/or Harden (and a supporting cast around them, not including another star) getting it done?

And I guess he threw in the towel on James Harden ever becoming a defender of any kind or playing any sort of defense. Makes sense. Always dodged the question ("We all need to get better blah blah blah.") We had two bad defenders in James and Chandler playing next to each other; we weren't getting rid of James, so goodbye Chandler!

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Right now the Mavs are laughing at us, and I can't help but enjoy this video one of their fans made... it hits Morey hard but after this free agency one has to laugh.

The part about the second round is so true it's not even funny.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B7uzjyvO1O4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh shut up, Mchale. You couldn't even get past the Blazers that got destroyed by the champs. Nut up or shut up.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

parsons only fan.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it were a black DD: I guess Parsons just isn't that good. No worries

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Parsons can suck a nut. Don't care about any mavericks

18. vstexas09

Thats a rational fear, which is why I'm hoping he has some sort of drive/desire to take on the responsibility of playing defense, hustling, and truly leading the team.

I think a poster said it earlier; I think Bev is our new glue guy.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I like all of Milk Hair's "I guess" interjections. Like oh poor you getting to coach the best 2 and 5 in the game. Like every coach but Pop doesn't have to retool every summer.

You're better than that, Kevin. Get determined, get enthused, and get to work.

1 person likes this.
  20. vstexas09

awesome. repped.

get your entitled ass back to work