1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, now we going into made up comments -

I think Parsons should have been kept and Morey ****ED up.

Case closed.

DD

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

If I match 2 of the 3 times I say I'm going to do it wouldn't you think that I'm more likely to match than not the next time I say I will?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"I think Parson's Increase in right on point. It is not overpaying at all. Like me. . . he is worth every penny. "
    - Sincerely
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

1 person likes this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Another example...

If I raise my hand to slap someone, and I actually do it 2 out of 3 times....When I raise my hand the fourth time are you going to assume I won't do it?

His argument in that regard makes 0 sense. If anything Morey made himself less predictable.

He can believe that we are worse off without Parsons though...We all have opinions. I think he's wrong, but hey...

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Context is missing there, it was about creating - but I will give you the point for it nonetheless.

And I was right about Ariza we paid him that Money and he was so bad that Morey could not wait to get him off the roster and traded him the next year.

Let's hope he is better now.

DD

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

No it wasn't. You are crawfishing and creating a narrative. Anybody with any sense can read that and see that you were saying that Wafer had the higher ceiling as a player.

You said "he can create" as a reason that his ceiling as a player was higher.

Just say you were wrong. We all are wrong at times. But being able to admit it shows maturity and builds credibility.

Trying to crawfish out of things (especially when they are obvious) is a a bit juvenile.

8. champstocome

champstocome Member

I don't understand why our front office let him walk to free agency. Especially a free agency that is clearly about overpaying. If we waited till next year we would have had a better chance at structuring his contract to work with the needs of the team. Not to mention Parsons would have see us goto deep in to the playoffs if we acquired any mid-elite star and would have made him more inclined to resign and win more. Harden, Howard, Parson and anyone decent would go deep into the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I lol'ed reading that example and it made perfect sense on top of that.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Totally agreed. The minute the contract was drawn up, both the Rockets and the Mavericks are hurt. The winners is Fegan, with Parsons the collateral beneficiary.

I do think that Cuban did it to mess up Morey's precious flexibility. He was probably expecting Morey to match. Heck, Morey would have matched if he got Bosh--but he would still have to bear that damn contract the next 3 years.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Fegan has more winning to do, Monta is his client and can opt out next year. He's using Cuban as a pay house, lol.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Awesome, AWESOME post. Couldn't agree more.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AbAHlN84sEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For what its worth, Jalen says Rockets made right move. Got better.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chandler Parsons says no quid pro quo with agent, Dwight Howard, Rockets, free agency

[rQUOTEr]...

Amid growing speculation that the Rockets made Chandler Parsons a restricted free agent in an agreement with agent Dan Fegan when Dwight Howard, also a Fegan client, signed with the Rockets, Parsons said he knew of no such deal.

“I’m my own player. Dwight’s his own player,” Parsons said. “I guess it might work like that in the NBA, but I don’t know if there’s side deals like that in the NBA. It was nothing like that with me. It was about them wanting to have the matching rights. They didn’t want me to be an unrestricted free agent.”

...[/rQUOTEr]

Kevin McHale understands the why but will miss Chandler Parsons

[rQUOTEr]LAS VEGAS – Rockets coach Kevin McHale could understand the decisions the Rockets made. He was a general manager before he was a coach. Big picture was once his concern.

As a coach, he has to be concerned with the next game, and though that next game is months away, on Tuesday he was clearly still dealing with having just watched three players from his already short rotation leave.

The Rockets brought in Trevor Ariza to replace Chandler Parsons and Joey Dorsey to fill the backup center void left by Omer Asik. But with Jeremy Lin, Parsons and Asik heading out, McHale faced another season of significant retooling, especially after the decision not to match the offer sheet to keep Chandler Parsons.

“Well, I mean, hey I understand kind of why we did it,” McHale said, choosing his words carefully. “I know they’re talking about flexibility. I like Chandler. He’s a big part of what we did and what we do. I’m going to miss having him, but that’s part of the business I guess. We got to replace not only Chandler, but we have to replace (Omer) Asik and we have to replace Jeremy (Lin) so we have a lot of work to do.

“We’ll see who we get. We have to sign players. We’re just going to keep grinding away. And we’re going to go out and play. I like Trevor. I think he can help us. He shot the 3-ball well last year. We’re going to need him to do that again. Defense. Leadership. We need some experience.”

The Rockets’ additions – Ariza, Dorsey and Jeff Adrien – since losing out on Chris Bosh and choosing not to keep parsons have seemed about adding defense and toughness, qualities McHale had hoped to upgrade. But the changes will require more adjustments to a revised rotation.

“We’ll have four or five guys in our rotation that weren’t in it last year, but I guess that’s part of it,” McHale said. “I think everybody would want continuity. Continuity helps everything, but you play the hand you’re dealt. Right now, we’re not going to have the continuity we’d like.

“I hate to lose them. I like them both. Chandler was there when I got there. We enjoyed coaching him. Jeremy, I really enjoy Jeremy. He found his niche with us a little more. He got comfortable in how he wanted to play and how we wanted him to play. I think he really had a good year for us. We’ll miss them both. “

Asked if the Rockets can be a better team entering next post-season than they were last off season, as Rockets general manager Daryl Morey predicted, McHale said, “That’s our goal; get homecourt and make a run.”[/rQUOTEr]

15. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Enough of Mr. I'm a superstar and isn't it great that Dirk Diggler (the real superstar) took $8m so I can get the max). He wanted the role over a championship, bc him staying as a 3/3a role would have very likely led to a championship. Instead he got offended that he wasn't seen as the third guy and left at the worst time. Now I'm thinking that Cuban probably didn't even need a 12:01am deadline to accept and offer and that chandler went for it anyway. And he probably got let out early only bc of the rockets doing a favor for Fegan for getting them Dwight. Morey mentioned that the decision to let him out early was extremely complicated on the radio. I think that's code for we promised Fegan we'll let his other client out early so we can make up his lost agent money when Dwight gives up the fifth year (the other reasons are valid too but clearly there may have been additional factors). I'll miss what he brought but let's have a short thread thrashing him for cathartic reasons, shall we?

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

If we let Parsons out of his contract and some team offers him the MAX, who are we to be offended that the guy accepts? Do you want Parsons to turn it down and take less after being criminally underpaid for three years? Get a grip, we look really bad to other fans.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Parsons will soon fade into Bolivian. No need to waste emotional energy on the metroplexual.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Since Lin and Asik's threads are moved to the dish, why are Parsons' threads still here? I can care less about an ex-Rocket that abandoned us.

20. houactuar

houactuar Member

It's probably true, but hardly definitive. If they had a side deal why would he admit to the crime? Everyone in jail claims they are innocent too.