1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets-Warriors-Jazz-Lakers | Race to the Playoffs Tracker (Projections & Results)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Mar 7, 2013.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If Denver loses 2 games, and the Clippers win out, #3 goes to LA.

I know that would require Denver to lose a home game which is a rarity, but two of their home losses this year were to Washington and Minnesota when they were healthier than they are now.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

They only have to lose 1. Clips have tiebreaker due to winning their division. Milwaukee game will likely determine Denver's fate.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

This. If the Clippers go 2-0 (vsPOR & @SAC) and Nuggets go 2-1 (vsPOR, @MIL, vsPHX), Clips get 3rd seed. IMO, the game that could give the Nuggets a loss is the one in Milwaukee which is a 2nd game off a back to back for them.

4. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

What a terrible fail to leave out the Clippers in this discussion!

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Forgot about division. Was just thinking about head to head. Even more reason just play out for the #6 seed.

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Honestly, i don't even bother stressing myself on who we should rather face in the 1st round because odds are, we're set for a 1st round exit no matter who we play.

Making the playoffs in our first season of rebuilding is already mission accomplished in my book. If you ask me, i would rather play and lose to the best team in the West (OKC) because the main goal right now is for our young guys to gain playoff experience and who better to learn from than the Thunder.

Playoffs is where teams are exposed of their weaknesses. If we're forming a team to at least be the best in the west then it would be helpful to have a playoff series against OKC. This way, we lose in the 1st round this year(as everyone would expect) but gain the important data on how to beat the best team in the conference.

Am i making sense here?

7. swordghost

swordghost Member

That makes a lot of sense to me. On the other hand, one can always hope there might be a slim chance that we advance into 2nd round because of a favorable match-up. This gives the team at least 4 more play-off games...

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Agreed. Every fan of teams in the playoffs want the same thing unless your team is a top seed in the conference but to be perfectly honest, we're not winnig 4 games against either the Spurs, Nuggets, or Clippers when they also have homecourt advantage. The odds are so against us. Exactly the reason why i would much rather face the Thunder and think long term.

9. Fullcourt

Meh, I'd rather face a team we can get the maximum amount of wins against, even if it's only 2 or 3. The better the showing we have in our first playoffs with this squad means:

a) we look better to prospective players
    b) we get more hype from the media (see a)
    c) We get more confidence/experience which helps establish a winning atmosphere from here on out.
    d) more national games (f*** you comcast)

10. Fullcourt

wtf:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EUfGB94fpyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Dementium

Dementium Member

Doesn't really change anything. Hes only out for a week. And Lawson is back.

Still, give me Nuggets over OKC and Spurs anyday XD

12. HL3

HL3 Member

Spurs are really seriously struggling with this Kobeless Laker team right now, I don't know. I think I like our odds against them.

13. Fullcourt

Can be the difference in whether or not they win in Milwaukee, which more than likely determines whether they are a 3 or 4 seed.

14. HL3

HL3 Member

The Spurs-Lakers game is like watching a livefeed of a retirement home.

The Spurs seriously need to get their act together in the 4th.

15. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

We had one job... tank for the Spurs...

Look at how they're struggling against the Lakers. They've been hobbling into the play-offs, they're not the machine they were in the regular season, they're just too old to go through the grind.

No Ginobili, no Diaw, no Jackson and an injured Parker and they have no one that can effectively stop Harden while being old as hell.

We have a legitimate chance of pulling off an upset against the Spurs. The Nuggets are the WORST match-up for us.

16. just a word

just a word Member

I actually want the Spurs for this reason because of the Spurs' discipline. They'd probably gameplan for the Rockets exact weaknesses and that can only help this young team get film of stuff they really need to improve on.

17. valorita

valorita Member

tony is not 100%, no manu. spurs are vulnerable.

18. HL3

HL3 Member

The Spurs played like crap. I hope we get them in the first round.

19. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Lakers win, that last game against us is looking pretty intresting

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sa is weak, lets lose next 2 imo, gsw might try to tank too