1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets-Warriors-Jazz-Lakers | Race to the Playoffs Tracker (Projections & Results)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Mar 7, 2013.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

just terrible.
    "BraveFox is Royce White"

I can't wait for the day we are secure and laughing at either Utah or LA. this will be a great day for Rockets fans!

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

ESPN has a spare LA team they can stroke.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

5. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Rockets better beat Phoenix. Stupid Eddie Johnson on their local broadcast encouraging them to play spoiler on the Houston. Ugh, last place and pathetic really.

6. senter

senter Member

Look at Memphis's remaining schedule:

vs Bobcats
    @ Rockets
    vs Clippers
    @ Dallas
    vs Utah

Besides, Charlotte, it's pretty tough. If they are locked into the 5th seed by that final game against Utah, I wouldn't be surprised if they rested their starters and threw that game to prevent the Lakers from getting in. No NBA team wants the Lakers to make the playoffs except the Lakers.

7. bongman

bongman Member

I think that is only fair. If the situation were reversed where we need help from other teams to make it to the playoffs (beating our contenders), we would not want the opposition to just lay down.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Maybe, maybe not. From a fans perspective, sure I'd get a kick out of the Lakers missing the playoffs.

The owners care about maximizing league revenue, so I'm not sure they would look at it the same way.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They get their revenue. The Lakers are going to pay tax money again.

10. carayip

carayip Member

Why would Phoenix want us out of playoffs and Lakers in though? Make sure they don't get Lakers' lottery pick and reduce their own position at a higher pick as well? More like spoiler on the Phoenix Suns franchise themselves lol. Most stupid suggestion ever.

11. Nero

Nero Member

-Signed,

Jeff Van Gundy

(although, in fairness, we would have ended up with Brandon Roy, and could potentially have been in a much worse position as a result. So we accidentally dodged a bullet there, but even still, HORRIBLE timing on his part, same thing as the EJ above)

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Memphis essentially locked at #5, barring an improbably free fall from Denver.

Warriors remaining:
    Wolves, Thunder, @LAL*, Spurs, @POR

Houston remaining:
    Suns, Griz, Kings, @PHO*, @LAL

------------------------------------------------------------------

Utah remaining:
    Thunder, Wolves, @MIN, @MEM

Lakers remaining:
    Hornets, @POR*, Warriors, Spurs, Rockets

Dallas remaining:
    Suns, Nuggets, @NO, Griz*, Hornets

*: second game of back to back

Utah owns series tiebreaker (2-1) over Lakers. Lakers must leapfrog them in the standings. Utah owns same tiebreaker over Dallas.

I suspect Utah finishes 43-39. Dallas would be unable to reach 44 wins, which all but eliminates them. Lakers have a good shot at 43 wins, but need things to go right to get to 44. They may have gotten a big boost from San Antonio's injury grinder.

I suspect Warriors go 2-3 down the stretch (46 wins). Rockets own series tiebreaker, and are in very good position to get those 3 wins before the Lakers season finale.

13. Exel

Exel Member

Memphis is still playing for home court advantage. Even though the Clippers are guaranteed a top 4 seed by virtue of being a division winner, Memphis will get the home court advantage if their record is better than the Clips.

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If the Jazz go 2-2, Lakers would have to go 4-1 to make the playoffs.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

+1

The opportunity to see the Lakers thoroughly humiliated just doesnt come around very often. To not even make the playoffs would be their lowest point in some time. It would also make Dwight think longer about staying in LA, especially if the locker room gets extra rocky these closing games of the season.

16. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

Here's a breakdown from bballbreakdown

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rRvdFQKUJk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

For Jazz and the Lakers

18. RealLife

RealLife Member

This is why the Lakers may not make it to the playoffs. If the Jazz go 3-1, the Lakers has to win all their remaining game.

19. jocar

jocar Member

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Everyone plays tonight!

April 9th Games

Timberwolves vs. Warriors
    Suns vs. Rockets
    Thunder vs. Jazz
    Pelicans vs. Lakers

I've got a feeling we will see an upset tonight, but I'm not sure from who. My guess is the Wolves.