1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets-Warriors-Jazz-Lakers | Race to the Playoffs Tracker (Projections & Results)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Mar 7, 2013.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I agree and would also add:
    the only question all season long was and still is
    ISO-HERO-HARDEN OR TEAMBALL?

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

even though it's in their hands to win it, I think Utah will fall out.

if the Warriors and Spurs are set, they have no reason to beat LA (unless the Spurs are jockeying for #1 or #2)

the Rockets, on paper should win all three games vs Phoenix and Sacramento, which would put them in 7th easily. but we have played down to them both this year going 2-2 so far. even 2-1 will clinch playoffs no matter what else happens.

ugh. this is killing me.

3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

You need to fill your life with some juicy content man....the fatc that you are worrying over this is a sign or message from the universe your life sucks... you need to find others thing to do be or whatever...enrich your life...:grin:

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

leave me and your lame smiley comments out of your trying desperately to build your history here with your can't edit non contributing 9 posts a day 1 green rep

i will worry every day until the Rockets make the playoffs. where were you before November 2012 :grin:

5. Jet036

Jet036 Member

I hate when people use this argument. What you said is true for almost any team in the NBA.

6. poing

poing Member

at least we're not the bobcats. they can only beat people when they're playing their best AND the other team is playing its worst. ;)

7. RealLife

RealLife Member

We're just not any team. Out of the 30 teams, the Rockets is 9th in NBA Power Ranking.

8. Nero

Nero Member

Have not read the whole thread, so if someone already mentioned this, well, good.. :)

BUT

While everyone is tossing around thoughts about the playoffs, and in particular which teams they would like to see make the playoffs, and which teams they would like to see MISS the playoffs..

I completely understand the sentiments of both viewpoints when talking about which team would be sweeter to see miss the playoffs: Jazz, well, they are the Jazz, and the hatred for the Jazz will never diminish, and seeing them miss the playoffs would be as sweet as the saltiness of their fans' tears.

By the same token, I also understand the desire to see the Lakers miss the playoffs. In many ways, it would be even sweeter, with Kobe, Nash, Artest, Howard, gasol, and on and on.. seeing those arrogant players sitting home with their pouting heads in their hands, not to mention their entitled gans crying all offseason.. well, that would be a really sweet thing as well.

Gotta pick one though.. so which one?

See the thing is, raise your hand if you want to see the Lakers in the lottery.

Seriously, the Jazz in the lottery? Let them be in it, they will never get the lucky ball. Too much karma there, they can be in the lottery every year for all I care.

But the Lakers? In the lottery? Does anybody doubt the Lakers would end up with a magic bouncing ball? I don't. If they end up missing the playoffs, you can absolutely put money on the fact that they end up with at least a higher pick than they deserve, probably #1 overall.

So for me personally, I want to see the Lakers sneak in to that final slot.

Of course, Utah seems to be trying to throw a monkey wrench into that idea, which is once again just another reason to hate the Jazz even more.

Think about this, if Utah basically forces LA into the lottery, and then the Lakers win the lottery and end up with the #1 pick, how stupidly ridiculous would that be? Just another brick in the wall.

So, boo Utah, go LA! I want to see the Lakers get stuck in that perpetual 15th-pick limbo hell. :cool:

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We will win the last five games we play and go into the playoffs on a roll. Our remaining schedule is not hard at all.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Pretty sure Phoenix gets lakers pick

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

haha this reminds me when young rodney was bithing because of his grandfathers departure, Uncle Albert told him:

whatever makes you happy my son....
    [​IMG]

if worrying is what makes you happy then your most wellcome

but i dont get your point ....why do you want rockets to win titles or enter the playoffs? because you want to be happy dont you? you want to cheer up? so why not be happy in advance? why not fullfill your life with meaningfull activities ones you have influence over? perhaps that could better fullfill you? this way you're on the mercy of mcfail:grin: and that is not a great playoff seed to be...
    [​IMG]

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Problem is the Warriors are not set. They have us to worry about. SAS could beat LA without Parker or Manu IMHO. Their system is that efficient.

I see Utah getting in based on the tie breaker but that last game the Lakers play against us will be the final test for this team. Like hardening the steel through the fire and kicking the Lakers to curb will be dipping th blade in the water.

13. kent335

kent335 Member

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Lakers do not keep their own first round pick, no matter where it lands.

If the Lakers make the playoffs, then Cleveland gets to swap the Miami Heat's first rounder (which it received in the Lebron S&T) for that pick, sticking the Lakers with the likely 30th pick.

If the Lakers miss the playoffs, Phoenix gets the Lakers' lottery pick. Unprotected. (From the Steve Nash S&T)

15. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah I tried to figure all that out after I posted, I was unaware of their draft situation. What a nightmare of tangled scenarios!

Then I change my choice: nothing now would make me happier than seeing the Lakers get kicked to the curb. The only thing worse than getting stuck in 15th-pick hell is being in 15th-pick hell and not even getting to make the pick :)

It's all good..

One other thing though, between Utah and LA, which of those two has a better chance of pulling the upset from the #8 spot? I can't imagine Utah having any chance at all, but LA with Kobe et al, if I was the #1 seed, I would be a heck of a lot more nervous facing them than if I was facing Utah.

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No, what would be worse for the Lakers is to miss the playoffs, then watch as the Phoenix Suns win the draft lottery with the Lakers' pick.

I'd give the Lakers a better chance at pulling a first round upset than Utah, which is a crappy road team (last night's win over GSW notwithstanding). Still, OKC/San Antonio would be heavy favorites over either team.

17. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

But when the Lakers season ends outside of the playoffs, what will ESPN blabber about?!?! .....

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Whether Howard will stay. They can easily mix that into the postseason.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm guessing Lebron James

20. basketballholic

When?

When are you going to put up the article about Parson's contract?

When?