1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waiving Carmelo Anthony?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 10, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

"Dates included"..That part you must've skipped. Bringing up posts pre-OKC (which I expected you'd do) is irrelevant given we chased him several other times.

I'm assuming you're a guy who enjoys empty pats on the back. Ehh, ok Lol.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If Melo wants to be here, then he will be here.

All the reports are not sources that the Rockets usually leak too. The leaks have been coming from Woj, Stein, etc. These are people that Melo's camp is more than likely leaking too. Obviously, they want Melo to look good, so they are giving the information that makes him look good.

• I believe that he wants to stay here, but with the condition that he is playing significant minutes.
    • I believe he has done everything they've asked, EXCEPT, playing a reduced role (thus, he has been sick).
    • I believe he has accepted his role, EXCEPT, when they let him know that he may not be receiving consistent minutes going forward due to the match-up issues, etc.
    • I disagree that MDA doesn't want to play him. MDA has played him good minutes up to the last two games before he went out with a mysterious illness. He even had the team running post plays for him and also letting him do his dribble, step into the three point line and shoot.
    I'm taking last year as a good indicator of what may be going through Melo's mind. Let's be clear, he has continuously said that he was happy he got here early because he wast told what his role was going to be. This was discussed with him.

It is like Morey and Mike told him, "Look Melo, we may not start you, because we believe PJ Tucker is our 4, but we will give you an opportunity to compete for the small forward position. If it doesn't work out, we plan to play you heavy minutes off the bench with Eric Gordon." So Melo knew from the beginning that he was likely going to get big minutes. I wouldn't doubt that he was told this because the Rockets probably believed they could overcome his defensive shortcomings.

Fast forward to the season, the Rockets started off poorly, the defense was pretty bad and the offense was horrendous. Did Melo accept his role? In my opinion, he did, but he also didn't fully commit. He was still attempting his mid-range shots and was inefficient. He had a couple of good offensive outbursts, but overall he hurt our offensive chemistry. It's really no fault of his own, because Morey should have known better that you can't turn Melo into Olympic Melo. I know everybody wanted to blame Westbrook, I'm looking at you @DreamShook , but it turns out that Melo's style of play can be disruptive to an offensive system.

Personally, I never liked Melo on this team. It's not that he isn't a good teammate, it just has to do with his ego being big. It was on display all of last season when he would be interviewed. He is about the team, but at the same time, he doesn't necessarily want to do EVERYTHING necessary. EVERYTHING necessary means that you may not play sometimes if you are a role player. Look at Anderson, despite being paid big money and having a significant role throughout the years, he accepted not playing as much last season. I'm sure he wasn't happy about it, but he sucked it up, got his $20M, and was supportive of the team. That's accepting your role AT ALL COSTS.

I obviously don't know Melo and in some cases I am speculating, but I don't believe my opinion is unreasonable based on what is going on right now. If Melo wants to play in Houston, then I have no doubt that he can play here. Mike DAntoni isn't stupid enough to hold some idiotic grudge and hold back a player that could be helping us. If Melo was helping us, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

3. basketballholic

Pretty much.

4. macan

macan Member

get his corny arse out of H town!

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was listening to this in the morning and it sounded like Woj was basically saying this was more a Houston wanting Melo out than Melo wanting out. I don't know if he was meaning Melo wanted more minutes so Houston basically said he should probably look elsewhere. Odd exchange.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i didn't. anyone can click your exact quotes and see the dates. its irrelevant. if that's the only thing you can hold onto the rest speaks for itself. atm your're pretty much the laughing stock of the board that you brought upon yourself since you continue to post as if nobody else knows wtf they're talking about.

your posts have called him a superstar on several occasions throughout the long drawn out process of him becoming a rocket. - let that sink in. unless zboy is correct and you're just that slow. if that's the case then i guess i should take it easy and stop

amazing how you still can't even take your L gracefully. backpeddle any further you might be exiting houston just like melo.

#1066 YOLO, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Starks03 and Reeko like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Should never have signed him.

DD

lnchan likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Melo's camp making up ****. I'm sure Houston wants him here.

9. hakeemthagreat

That's the point lol. Dates put everything in context. We've tried to get Carmelo SEVERAL times throughout his career. If this were while he was with the Knicks, then that's a different story. But this offseason at no point did I say we're getting a superstar. You exaggerated my post YEARS back to make your baseless claim seem credible. The Carmelo we got is not a superstar but doesn't need to be waived over a MDA grudge

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

dang didn't think anyone could do this more than holic. atleast holic has his moments where he has somewhat sensible stuff. your delusions are giving it a run. nvm the fact that he was never even close to a superstar with those "dates" good job buddy. its a race between you and melo
    [​IMG]

#1070 YOLO, Nov 14, 2018
    Starks03 and ryano2009 like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The posts were one year old. Not years back. Prior to last season you said he was a superstar which was a bad take. It’s ok, lots of people have refused to see what Melo is.

Starks03, Zboy, fckbandwagons and 3 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at this dude trying to front like his superstar Melo posts are from back in like 2014

13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Where is Melo?

14. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

That was my question. Is he like underground and not leaving his house/apartment? Is he ordering take out and nobody reported delievering to him? Is he in NY taking care of "family" issues (codman said this) If he is in NY why hasn't anyone seen him? He is a public figure and sort of like his game has fallen off the face of the earth?

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still blame Russ. I blame Russ for climate change too.

Melo maybe done but Russ definitely moved up the timeline.

#1075 DreamShook, Nov 14, 2018
    ElPigto likes this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Good post, but let's be honest. I wouldn't exactly put sitting on the bench collecting $20M 'sucking it up', or accepting your role AT ALL COSTS. NOT getting the $20M because you weren't playing much, and then accepting that role and not complaining....then ok.

17. hakeemthagreat

So Carmelo Anthony's never been a superstar? Lol. You're the delusional one. You're one of those who dislike certain players based on your personal perception of them. That's why your post come across shallow & misinformed

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

It is a reverse DeAndre Jordan barricade situation...

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

In your year old posts, definitely not. but of course you either can't read well or which is more likely, still trying to cover up your embarrassment.

when will you turn the corner. who knows
    [​IMG]

#1079 YOLO, Nov 14, 2018
    Starks03 likes this.
  20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Doesn't Darko have more rings than Melo?