1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waiving Carmelo Anthony?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

A lot of that is a direct reflect of the Heavy Iso ball that dominates this offense. The ball movement overall is piss poor.

The problem with your assessment is you're stat watching. Of course every shot attempted isn't contested. But sometimes it's hard to get into a rhythm with how we are playing now. Mix in the turnovers.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Wow such strong words. Why are you calling someone you never met or played against a scrub.

I can understand you doesn't like the mans game but to call a player of his magnitude a scrub is very Bush league on your part.

Crashlanded19, kjayp and 18pbr like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

:oops:;):rolleyes::D:eek:o_O:p:oops:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/lowe-lowe-post-podcast-with-mike-dantoni.294208/

ZL: Carmelo Anthony is on your team now. When that happened or before it's happening, is there a talk of any kind?

MDA: Not like that. The only thing I want, I don't have to love all my guys, whether I do or not is irrelevant. I want the team to be the best it can be & each player to have the best year they've ever had fun wise & productive wise. ... OK, we want to do this guys and this will be best for you that I think. That's idealistic. Sometimes it comes down to where your ideas of what's good for the team isn't good for the individual & that's where you have conflicts. You need a visual but a coach looks at a team like a pyramid upside down, the whole team is along the base and the point is the one player and the player looks at the team as a regular pyramid, the point is him up on top and the whole team is on the bottom. It's naturally a conflicting view and sometimes those views run into each other. That's where you have problems. You try to be honest. They won't love you for it. You don't take it personally. You just go on & try to do the best.

malakas and PeppermintCandy like this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bigly scrub?

[​IMG]

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Actually, I never much cared for the dude... I always figured him as a self absorbed diva... and I really wasnt thrilled about trying to trade for him and his 23M/yr contract... (other than when it was just to rid ourselves of Ryno's worse deal...)

Diff is - that aint what we're paying him... and I do think he (and Boogie) took cut rate deals to play for the teams they wanted to play for... Just bc you didnt see him being pursued by other teams, doesnt mean other opportunities didnt/couldn't exist... but everyone knew if he got bought out that this was where he was heading... from the dude trying to push his way here from the Knicks, everyone knew this was where he wanted to be...

so yeh, man... i do think he did us a solid by coming here for the min... but people wanna act like he's a scrub bc he's not lighting it up - while not appreciating the fact that we prob got one of the best vet min contracts in the league...

In a season where we're looking for guys to 'outplay their contracts'... idk why people are so vehement about complaining about Melo.... when he seems to be one of the only guys that is contributing at a higher return than one would typically expect of his contract...

#265 kjayp, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    jcf, rgw20014life and 18pbr like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not only were the guys in the OP right, but so cocky they told us "all the blue check boys" would be reporting in soon.

lulz

Deuce and malakas like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You dun drop him unless you find a much better scoring bench peon for the minimum or whatever money is left. That is not easy.

Or you admit to tanking and the waiving makes more sense.

Carmelo is probably saying, well, if this team cannot get to the WCF or 2nd round, I might as well go somewhere else.

8. JW86

JW86 Member

So where are the people that thought it was made up? It’s definitely serious and time to cut all losses.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Daryl will be handling the situation.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

So you wanna keep him? Odd

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depending which direction we go. If Daryl honestly thinks without firing MDA, that this situation can be salvaged.

I dun buy the whole Bzdelik coming back thing is going to save everyone, we have different personnel.

Without Carmelo, we dun even score 99 or over 100.

At least he torches mediocre teams when his shot is on.

If you want to tank, pls dump him but also other players.

12. JW86

JW86 Member

Melo obviously wants to play for a contender and probably start, which given his performance will both not happen here.

bmelo likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agree with that. Nearing retirement, has to do something about ring chasing.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we do end up releasing him, I’m bummed we don’t get to see more of the Gary Clark/Carmelo Anthony tandem that had some moments of shine.

Then again, I’m down to cut Melo and get Gary Clark 30 minutes a night.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Problem is no contender will start him...

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

How do u feel about the latest news that we are now discussing his role on the team with him and weighing our options on how to move forward? The regular season is barely a month old and Melo is already bringing nonsense. Melo will never get it. It’s always all about him.

AroundTheWorld and JW86 like this.
  17. rockets13champs

If we cut Melo he’s going to LA

AroundTheWorld and JW86 like this.
  18. threepointshot3

Just waive him but to be fair he is looking at Ennis and thinking how the fook is this clown starting

Crashlanded19, Gorki and bmelo like this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Watch him go back to OKC

Crashlanded19 and Dankstronaut like this.