1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waive Scott Machado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tokenbk, Jan 7, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Oh well, good luck Scott. Your day will come.

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yea I feel bad for Scott but this isn't much of a surprise. Whenever Scott was on the floor during garbage time, he was playing pretty awful. It seems like he has a hard time making plays and even though he has some talent, the NBA is just too fast for him. He has a hard time reacting to defenses and he just doesn't have the explosiveness, shooting range, quickness, and size to be successful in the NBA.

3. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

LMAO.. I think Lin does this on purpose :grin:

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Isnt machado the guy that said he was better than lin?

see ya machado go have fun being better somewhere else.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't worry. the rockets have plenty of d-leaguers and future waivers you can worship.

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I think that quote out of New York paper misrepresented him. He said he had a better college career but he wanted to start for a NBA team eventually and felt he should/could if given a chance. Machado seemed a good guy, one New York quote when it looked like he was not getting signed really doesn't mean the kid had any ill will.

1 person likes this.
  7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

he couldn't do nothing but pass and shoot the three (can't even do that consistantly). he sucks at driving to the basket on a d-league level so i can imagine his driving rto the basket game would probably translate terribly in NBA ball. waiving him was not a bad idea.

8. NotChandlerParsons

I'm impressed that Beverly was working out with John Lucas instead of goofing around while waiting for the paperwork to clear. It bodes well.

Sad to see Machado go, I hope he ends up with the Vipers.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, while I like Machado, I'm not so sure he'll even want to sign with the Vipers at this point after the Vipers just traded for Andrew Goudelock. I think Goudelock is an NBA-caliber guard who will get an NBA gig, either this season or next training camp.

10. ling ling

ling ling Member

Where is the pic in which Scott seemed to be amused that the media was surrounding Lin when he thought he played a better game than Lin?

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

beverly officially a rocket and practicing with team? Why his there no official word on this besides a tweet from JF?

12. Grigori

Grigori Member

Machado has looked pretty bad in D-League. I reckon that has led the Rockets to give up on him. Sad thing was, he was so bad the Vipers might have given up on him, too. Machado will have to work on his game hard if he wants to go anywhere.

1 person likes this.
  13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I think his best path would be to spend a couple of seasons in Europe..Great kid.Good luck to him in the future

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

In the modern nba, pure point guard has become code for can't shoot worth a damn.

1 person likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Very interesting. If Greene does not try to do to much then he could end up as a more athletic Novak type wing with Mook like ability to play either the 3 or 4. He also adds a shot blocker to the 3 spot.

But if Greene tries to do too much (as he has done in past, over dribbling and poor shot selection) he would end up as just a taller Daequan Cook.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:eek:

:eek:

1 person likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Links or it didn't happen. :grin:

19. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

where is JCDenton?!?!

20. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Miami just waived Josh Harrellson. Morey please pick the kid up. He's much better option under the rim than Aldrich and he also played pretty good last year when Lin was the PG in NY. I'm probably biased since I'm Kentucky Alum. What you all think?