1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waive Chuck Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This is why I wanted to see him next to Dwight for short stretches. I know neither guy can score the ball from more than three feet away from the basket but I think with guys like Harden and Lawson on the court the gain in defense of having Chuck/Dwight together would have been more than worth the loss of offense.

Again, for short stretches to shut down the lane it could have been a thing of beauty in the playoffs. Oh well.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Perhaps he'll end up back with the team at some point. Morey never seems to sleep.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Games won without Chuck on the roster, 0. Fire Murray!

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hayes should be credited for our wins. Dude is a leader and a professional.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey said he's not satisfied with our defense. And he cut the best defender on the roster....

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey said Lawson needs to get acclimated to our offense. What offense?

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Fire Mcfail and hire McHayes!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. I realize that Chuck was costing us a few thousand dollars a game that reduced the amount, what little there is left, that Morey can use on a deal under the hard cap, but how much is a victory worth? In a "special season," and I still believe that's what we're going to end up having this year, how to you quantify victories financially? I kept thinking last night that we really needed Chuck to introduce a brain into our defense, seeing as how only a couple of brains were in attendance on the court, if that.

So just how important is that $11,000+ bucks a game for Chuck? More important than a victory? Not in my humble opinion, and assuming that Hayes is healthy enough to play, I can't help but believe that we would have beaten the lowly Nets, and beaten them badly.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBA free agent F/C Chuck Hayes is not ready to start his coaching career &amp; is working out in Houston in hopes of an NBA return, source said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/700149250043215872">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. MONON

MONON Member

"Here I come to save the day!" :grin: I would love to have Chuck back, but we a full roster. We have to waive/trade to open up a roster spot.

11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Weirdest season ever.

12. Mr Chuck Norris

Lol I'm saying let's not forget josh left us for less and got traded back to us too. This **** is so off

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

It says he's working out in Houston -- doesn't mention the Rockets.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

We waived Chuck again? :(

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is the first year as GM Daryl Morey hasn't had an undersized center on the Roster. The undersized center is the embodiment of hard work. No coincidence the Rockets are struggling with effort this season.

I'm only 30% kidding.

1 person likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No kidding! ;)

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

I was stunned we cut him. He made our defense look decent and he could sure pass for a big man and set good screens. He was maybe a step slower, but I'd sign him after waiving Ty / Terry.

18. verysimplejason

Well, I think he's acclimated already. There's only one offense for the Rockets and that is to ISO. It's not that hard to get acclimated when all you've got to do is to stand pat in one corner and pray that you'll get the ball somehow, maybe in the last 2 or 3 secs of the shotclock. :eek:

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bingo. We got our undersized center now.

[​IMG]

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Come back chuck. Don't want to see anthony on the floor