1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Vs Lakers, who's better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 10, 2018.

?

Rockets Vs Lakers, who's better?

1. Rockets

74 vote(s)
    93.7%
  2. Lakers

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

LeBron can attract quality role players wherever he goes. He only needs to convince a few stars to join him, and the rest takes care of itself.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

LeBron may join LA, sure.

But asking which team is better, us with LeBron or them with LeBron (and George) is still a joke.

If he does end up joining LA, then you could ask the question of who's better, us with CP3, Harden, Capela and Tucker or them with LeBron, George and some young, potentially promising but unproven guys.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Houston is the only team that has come close to knocking GS out. The
    absence of Chris Paul made all the difference. The Rockets didn't quit in Game 7 either. That is an alternative argument. Whether it happens or not, only time will tell. I believe lack of cap room is the biggest hurdle that Houston is facing.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This poll is wrong, according to Lakers fans they are getting:

Lebron
    PG
    Kawhi (through trade)
    Cousins
    Ball

Exiled likes this.
  5. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Can ball guard curry? Nope. There is your answer.

jacoby likes this.
  6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Woah. Thats some sick insight right there. What are your sauces?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

every year..."Lakers are going to get...." then they end up with deng and the brook lopez's

ZzZZzZZz

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets would be slightly.

10. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

We are looking at this from the standpoint of which team gives him a better opportunity to win. That makes sense because the assumption is that he wants to go somewhere and win. On that score, Houston is light years ahead of L.A. But, in a recent interview, LeBron is attributed as saying that at this point in his career "lifestyle" matters more. Lifestyle to me means more than wins. Maybe he is looking at weather, preferred locale of family, city entertainment options, proximity to colleges where his boys might play, preferred city, etc... That throws a bunch of other factors into play.

11. macan

macan Member

3 rooks on that team..go back to sleep man

12. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Slightly??? U are a ball family fan.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If the Lakers get LeBron I don't think they keep any of that young talent. Ingram, Randle, Kuzma, Ball (if they can move him) and whoever they draft this year - all gone. I also they think they'll have a big 3 by the deadline, one way or the other.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Rockets are better. But the secondary question is what can the Lakers get with any of Ball/Ingram/Kuzma on the trade market to add more VET High IQ players? And THEN where would that team stack up? We don't know, but the Lakers have an elastic roster to mold to LeBron's wishes.

It is not are the Lakers better with LeBron/George. It is are the Lakers better with LeBron/George "AND THE NEXT COUPLE OF MOVES."

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The difference is maybe if in a few years and LBJ is now the old guy on the Miami team. It made sense for him to jump then but now not as much. He needs someone to extend him now. With those teams he is having to carry now and not able to get over the hump. Wade disintegrated because of his knees but in terms of output they were comparable. I don't see that with CP3. I think the balance will help him even if he misses games and be ready for the playoffs and Houston has way more talent than that team had. Harden is the overriding outlier in the deal. LBJ has never had someone like that to cover for him. He literally could tag along for the ride and that relationship would work and he may have to in those future years. I also truly believe young Clint can develop further in the post away from the basket with his footwork.

San Antonio is actually worse off than us so that play is solely banking on Pop's desire to keep doing this. What are they when Ginobli, Parker, Gasol, Gay, Aldridge are gone or down right now? I doubt they keep Kawhi he probably goes east to Boston or Philly for a big package. If San Antonio stays together for a season or two you have Kawhi and Aldridge minus some parts some parts in a deal so they are formidable like us but your long term question becomes much more relevant. Aldridge buckled hard this year. He was always going down and he was playing real hard and carrying them. He just cannot hold up at that C position but he has to play it in the modern NBA. It really is his worst fears realized. I think he has two good years left. Horford had this same issue but seems to have acclimated better if not as effective offensively. He embraced the D while Aldridge has always been the mid range offensive weapon and the low post wears him out.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao nah I can't stand them. But they were already approaching .500 last season and showing obvious signs of improvement. Adding LeBron and George would be pretty big.

Also factoring in some CP3/Tucker/Ariza/Gordon/Moute decline. Anderson is giant turd. I still foresee 60+ wins next season but could see them being close to 60 if that happens.

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Shes not a girl. Def some troll bro

tinman likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, this exactly. Though they don't have a draft pick this year - it went to Philly.

But yes, they'd package assets for a third star. I think they'd prefer to keep Kuzma and Randle. But they might have to move Kuzma.

I think they'd be ecstatic to move Ball (and his dad) and to do so with the "backing / pushing / logic" of getting Lebron and needing to move an asset for a third star.

A random potential I threw out in the other thread was some package of those assets for John Wall. I don't think John Wall is well liked in that Wizards locker room.

Assume Ingram, Kuzma and Ball are moved along with Deng for Wall.

Wall
    Paul George
    Lebron
    Randle

as your top 4 guys, and fill in the roster around that. Plus in Josh Hart as the starting SG, who shot 40% on threes last year. a VERY VERY good squad, with Lebron as the leader.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cowturd:

Remember this day, June 12th, is this the day the Lakers lost LeBron James?

Lonzo Ball has dropped a diss track about teammate Kyle Kuzma. Kyle Kuzma is dropping his diss track tomorrow dissing Lonzo. What do we know about LeBron? He's not into playing with young players. We know that. He wants grown-ups. He wants adults. His legacy is about winning titles. We also know he just punched a wall because one of his teammates can't grow up, J.R. Smith. Lonzo & Kyle, kids - kids play - I'm sure Magic just loves this story. I'm recruiting the biggest player in the world who has a history of not wanting to join kids. The story today is Lonzo & Kyle Kuzma having a diss track battle.

Some of LeBron's other suitors:
    Boston - brilliant Danny Ainge, mature Brad Stevens
    Legendary Pop & RC
    MIT grad Daryl Morey, roster of veterans

Lakers have their young guys releasing a diss track. I'm sure Magic is overjoyed with this. That's not the end of it. Lonzo & Lavar released a music video this weekend.

Ohhh that's not good. June 12th, the day the Lakers lost out on LeBron. A month ago, Magic Johnson planted a story with the LA Times & that story was "Hey LeBron, heads up, we're willing to trade all these young pieces."

Notable Lakers free agents since Shaq:

Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Timofey Mozgov, Metta World Peace, Nick Young. Not exactly tearing it up. More brand than reality.

Remember this day June 12th: one of two things happened, LeBron decides not to come to LA or Magic decides I'm out of the Lonzo Ball business.

20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

In order to sign a 2nd max player, LAL would need to renounce all of their current free agents. That would include Randle, Lopez and IT.