1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets vs. Knicks 11/21

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Nov 14, 2015.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

I'm flying from the Pacific NW to my first ever home Rockets game. I've been hoping to do this since 94-95 season. The Blazers have had special tickets for a select few people to actually meet players after the game. Anybody know if the Rockets do something like this? Also anybody know of any meet and greets about that time? I just really want to maximize my experience at the Toyota Center. Really make it memorable. Especially since this has been a frustrating season thus far. Any thoughts or advice? I didn't really find anything on Rockets.com that was helpful. Thank you for any help that you can provide! :)

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Congrats on your trip plans. I wish I could help more, but haven't lived in Houston the last decade or so. Just a friendly bump in case anyone else has suggestions.

3. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Agreed. Bump this for someone who has connections & can help.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Bumping again. Someone help this man out. D'Morey, maybe this is something you can actually get done!

I'm also coming in from the Pacific NW for my first game at the Toyota Center. (I practically lived at the Summit until I moved in '87.)

The bad news: The game for the night I'm going to be in town is vs the Sixers.

The good news: I might get to see a win. The way the team's playing though, that's not a guarantee.

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

I don't live in Houston, but I live next to the Barclay's Center and if you want to wait behind the arena for the players to come in you may have a shot at meeting one of two of them there.

Before and after events at the Barclay's fans always line up next to the garage to meet the performers or athletes coming in. I'm not sure about any special promotions, though.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I know at the Moda Center in Portland you can get into the arena 90 minutes before tipoff. They'll let you head down to the corners of the lower seating (on the bench side of the court) where you can catch the players as they leave the floor after shootaround. Some guys stop and talk, sign autographs and pose for pix, while others just walk past without even a smile (I'm looking at YOU, Beard).

Does the Toyota Center let fans go down to the bottom rows during shootaround?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My advice

Return your plane and basketball tickets. Save your self, money and time from watching this atrocious team.

8. DaneB

DaneB Member

Thanks for the bumps on my thread so far! Anybody have any insiders know anything? Nick, it's my only shot to go because we are visiting my sister in law who goes to Rice. I have to just make the best of their winning situation and hope they figure it out. It's a bucket list item, so hopefully I can do something memorable.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Go to the UH football game.

10. DaneB

DaneB Member

Okay. I will ask you guys again. Anything I should look into. I'm talking to the rowdiest Rockets fans around, right?? You guys have any advice on how to have an awesome experience at the Toyota Center?

11. DaneB

DaneB Member

You guys have been Rockets fans your entire life in the city of Houston, but nobody knows the answer to this?

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

generally the road team will have a meet and greet the players after the game. I don't know if there is anything like that for the home team. I've been able to meet some of the players in the past by getting some of these passes when I lived in LA. Maybe if you can reach out to a ticket rep and tell them your case maybe you can get a pass to be like one of the people on the court when they do the starting lineups? (a total random guess)

another thing is try to go sit with the rowdies that would be a unique experience

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am thinking of driving down for that game too - if I do we should meet up its been a while

dude call it the rose garden - it'll always be the rose garden

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Show up as early as possible. Go to the Season Ticket Rep table (which is under the Escalator) and simply tell them your story. Tell them you are a long time fan visiting specifically to go to this game. Seriously, just ask them.

15. DaneB

DaneB Member

Thanks HeyPartner. I appreciate your advice! I've been here since the Eddie Johnson .wav...lol

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

If you're a fan of the Knicks, go wait outside the Four Seasons like 3 or 4 hours before the game.

17. DaneB

DaneB Member

Hell no I'm not a fan of the Knicks! Lol

18. gadgetdxb

gadgetdxb New Member

DaneB, how did it work out for ya? Did you get to meet anyone?